$53.70
      BU:
      $50.00
      SB:
      $29.75
      BB:
      $64.45

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, BU folds, SB calls $2.25, BB calls $2.00, MP2 calls $2.00.

Flop: ($10) A, Q, 7 (4 players)
      SB bets $4.00, BB calls $4.00, MP2 folds, Hero calls $4.00.

Turn: ($22) 6 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $12.00, Hero calls $12.00, SB folds.

River: ($46) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $12.00, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $46.00

Hi!

SB is a calling station fish
      BB seem tag reg after 250h, playing 16/14/2.2 with only 2% 3b

I am just wondering how would you play this here? I am glad to go broke vs. the fish on flop but BB calling his bet makes me wonder if he is always shoving over with sets or two pair with two players left to act. He obviousely doesn`t need to care about protection cuz only possible hand in his eyes that I am isolating with is KJ of hearts.

On river he thought for a while before making that bet. Is it a block bet or small value bet with flush. Is he folding two pair to a push.
      What would your play here be?

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Raising the flop seems best to me. I'd make it $16.
      The other option would be to just fold it. It's a bit weak, but SBs range is potentially strong, therefore folding is definitely not horrible IMO.

As played I'd either shove or fold the turn. Calling doesn't achieve much as we give cheap cards to draws. Also BB is unlikely to have a made hand after he calls the flop and bets that small on the turn.

As played on the river I'd fold, too. I doubt he has worse Ax so this should be some kind of flush that's trying to induce or a blockbet from some 2pairtype hand.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bierbaer
      Raising the flop seems best to me. I'd make it $16.
      I also raise the flop and get it in vs the fish but more or less give up if the reg calls.
      The other option would be to just fold it. It's a bit weak, but SBs range is potentially strong, therefore folding is definitely not horrible IMO.
      Too weak for my liking

As played I'd either shove or fold the turn. Calling doesn't achieve much as we give cheap cards to draws. Also BB is unlikely to have a made hand after he calls the flop and bets that small on the turn.
      On the turn i am really confused about what the BB has. I think he would bet 2p or sets larger (if he decided not to raise the flop) for protection and in order to set up for a river shove. Given that he is 16/14 I really dont think he has any FD in his range except for maybe J10s which i think he might of folded preflop anyways. I really put him on AK pretty hard.

As played on the river I'd fold, too. I doubt he has worse Ax so this should be some kind of flush that's trying to induce or a blockbet from some 2pairtype hand.
      b/c of my previous remarks I dont put him on 2p or a flush so i call river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also like raising flop, since very likely only 2 hands beat you AQ and 77 and if BB flats then I doubt that is in his range.
      Donking turn and river seems strange, but nevertheless I´m calling down getting these odds. I think AJ/AT might be in his range and since he doesn´t want to c/f he is making small blocking bets.