Did I become a bad player when moved to PartyPoker?

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Hi there!

I am not quite sure if this is the right section to post my thread, but I hope someone could give me some answers or any advice..

I started to play real-money poker about 6 months ago, after joining Pokerstrategy and recieving free 50$ starting capital. I read articles, watch videos, post my hands in forum etc.. in other words, I am trying to improve my play constantly. At the end of 2010. my bankroll was about 750$. I play about 1,5 hours a day in average, maybe less.. I was following BRM rules all the way, which means that I started with 0,1/0,2 NL holdem FR. In December 2010. I was playing on bet365 NL20 FR (since I had more than 500$ BRM) and decided to start playing short handed. It turns out that I am pretty good at SH also and didn't have any problem with NL20.

OK, the story was like a fairy tale so far.. But then I moved my bankroll to PartyPoker.. :f_cry:

I deposited there 500$ and started to play NL25 SH. But as soon as I joined there, my bankroll started to decrease rapidly. There were incredibly many bad beats (like loosing AA agains AJ, all in preflop) and bad luck in general, but also a bad play induced with bad luck, tilt etc. When my bankroll fall to 500$, I moved to NL10.. But things remain the same.. In about 12K hands i didn't win a single hand with AA or KK, but lost a bunch of them.. I can't hit any flop.. When I have a hand, everyone folds, but when I don't, everyone 3-bets and comes craizy.. I am losing my kings against 68o's, aces against 7's, straights against flushes hit on the river, eaven nut flushes against straight flushes.. Three times I managed to lost entire stack with AA although I hit a set on the flop!! Now I can't beat NL10 and two weeks ago I beated NL20.. :f_mad:

Here is the graph. First 3k hands are NL25 and rest are NL10.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My play is also bad, I think.. But I am not sure is it as bad as I think. I am not sure about anything, I simply lost my hunch for playing poker.. Could it be just downswing in 13K hands? Did someone have a similar experience? What should I do? Here are my stats and I hope someone could comment them and give me some advice.. Do my stats indicate some big leaks in my play?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Best regards,

Alleen86
  • 10 replies
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Hello Alleen86,

I don't really have idea about partypoker field but your stats seems decent. I think it's just downswing.
      I have moved to another poker room too, played NL20 and my start was really good was up almost 10 stacks in 2k hands. When I hit 8k hands line I had less than I deposited in my account so was really depressed and lost confidence too. When I hit 18k I was up 19 stacks with 10,23 bb/100 winrate which I think is ok:)
      And your A-I EV line clearly displays that you just running bad at the moment.
      I looked at your stats and I think you should check spots you'r cbetting . I don't have much cash game experience but I personally think cbetting 88% might be too much. You probably should pick better spots to cbet.
      Good luck :)
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Thank you for your comment, gonepoker!

I am taking a brake from poker for some time and will see what to do next because I can't play my A game at the moment, for sure..

I think you are right about my c-beting. I will try to improve it, as my postflop play in general, too. Now I am just reading articles, watching videos and will try to focus on my leaks, then probably start to play NL4 for some time, just to gain confidence again..

Here is the hand with wich my agony on PartyPoker started: :D

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/56974

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $43.14
      MP3:
      $29.83
      CO:
      $19.50
      BU (Hero):
      $27.25
      SB:
      $32.71

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, SB folds, BB raises to $3.25, Hero raises to $10.75, BB raises to $43.39, Hero calls $16.50.

Flop: ($70.49) 3, 8, T (2 players)

Turn: ($70.49) Q (2 players)

River: ($70.49) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $70.49.
      Results follow:

BB shows a straight, queen high(J A).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(A A).

BB wins with a straight, queen high(J A).
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Find your steal rather too low and aggresion on flop too high. But its a small sample, cant say much. Make sure your play is good, the upswing will come in time.
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Hello guys!

I just wanted to update this.. I had started to play NL4 for some time, as I said. But guess what! Nothing has changed!! :D I am still running far belove my expected value, and also being very unlucky all the time (for example, run with KK into AA all in preflop, folded AA preflop, due disconnection problems, after someone 3bet me etc.. ). It is official: I can't beat NL4 at Party Poker after I crushed NL20 at ipoker!! :f_o:

How long those downswings can take?! :s_confused:

Here are my updated stats on NL25, NL10 and NL4

• jokerstar77mucker
      jokerstar77mucker
      Bronze
      Fold AA pre after 3bet?????

Edit- Not sure if im right but should your vpip not be higher playing higher stakes to expolit regs and lower on mini micros to let fish overplay their hands?
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      Hey. It looks like its dowswing and it can take for long time but remmember to play A game and Partypoker in cash game skill is more or less like Ipoker.
      Just gain confidence in NL4 till you are winning there and then step by step move up. OK GL!
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well your VPIP/PFR stats look solid, expect on sb/bb. Your fold to steal is 90% so your definitely leeking money there. Try to add some hands to cold call with, especially on BB against SB steal. Your VPIP on BB should be higher or the same as on SB while 12% VPIP on BB is very very low. You only have 3% calling range from blinds.

Your seem to be playing flops very aggressive with a very high C-bet % and you probably c/r bluff a lot as well, especially in 3-bet pots. With such high c-bet % your c-bets wont get much respect, and then you seem to give up on a lot of turns. A lot of people just don't like to fold to c-bets on micros so you either have barrel flop and turn when you have some equity or just give up.

Basically your probably overaggressive on the flop against players that don't like to fold while your aggression on turn and river seems to be in line. Try adding some check back range on the flop with TPBK and #2 pair type of hands.

You also seem to be folding to a lot of donk bets, where you probably should be calling when you have some sort of equity or showdown value, or raising when you have air since fish donks out a lot of crap.

You also run very bad and can't win at showdown even tho you your playing very tight so clearly your on a bad downswing, but then again its only 12k hands so this type of downswing is pretty standard. But stats dont show how many spewy tilt moves you do postflop and if you play bad when you run bad that can double up your downswing so try to stop playing while you don't feel like you can play your A game.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Let's put it this way..

You didn't become a Good player when you moved to PartyPoker
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Fold AA pre after 3bet?????

No, sofwer folds for himself because I lost my connection at the "right" moment. :D

Let's put it this way.. You didn't become a Good player when you moved to PartyPoker

:D Let's put it this way.. I'm playing poker for 6, 7 months and turned my initial 50$ into 750$ at one point, by following BRM, so I can't be that bad. I know that I'm not good player yet, but neighter bad. This is the reason why I posted my stats and toughts, so you guys could give me some advise about play etc.

MatejM47, thank you for your comments! I consider them very usefull and will do my best to incorporate them into my play! Thank you very much! :P
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alleen86
      I'm playing poker for 6, 7 months and turned my initial 50$ into 750$ at one point, by following BRM, so I can't be that bad. :P
      1. I turned my 50$ into 1300$ and I'm pretty bad. So...
      2. Doing fine at NL20 doesn't mean you should be crushing NL4, this place doesn't make any sense at all
      3. Why on earth would anybody want to move to PartyPoker these days