NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($54.15)
      ($95.50)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:diamond:

raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5, calls $3.50

FLOP ($10) 2:diamond: T:club: 3:heart:

Hero checks, bets $6, Hero calls $6

TURN ($22) 2:diamond: T:club: 3:heart: K:diamond:

Hero bets $13.75, raises to $84.50 (AI), Hero calls $29.40 (AI)

RIVER ($108) 2:diamond: T:club: 3:heart: K:diamond: 9:diamond:
  • 5 replies
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Imo you should post your reasons for playing the c/c-donk line, otherwise it's basically impossible to say anythnig about the hand.

In general my line would be bet/broke, bet/broke, bet/broke when I'm HU in a 3bet pot with such a strong hand.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Villain was loathe to go broke without a premium hand. If I cbet the flop he would give up extremely often, as opposed to if I let him take the initiative , which normally gave me two streets of $$$ from him. my idea was to c/c flop then c/r turn, but of course he ships it in,

I expected him to cbet the flop, and I knew the K on the turn would be a great card to bet as I expect a lot of kings to be in his range.

He was overvaluing top pair a lot, and when I saw him just open shove the turn I figure im way ahead most of the time. Only thing crushing me is sets and two pairs. I guess the bet/broke line reduces the chances of running into two pairs a lot, so its probably better?

In future il probably just stick to the bet/broke line, but in this instance is folding the best policy on turn?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Dont play HU, so I'm not sure, but the way you played it I think you have to go broke here since he can certainly have KQ etc in his range, esp if there is a lot of 3b pre, in which case he may raise turn for value since your line looks kind of weak.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/c and then c/rai seems fine line, but I dot really understand why you decided to bet out turn instead of going your first read
      Either way you´re not going to get away hu so it doesn´t really matter too much what you´re doing postflop.
      I´d likely would prefer bet/calling flop to let him float and then c/rai on blank turn card. With Kx I´d likely bet a little less than half pot and call shove
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      thanks as always :)