This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [HUNL50] AA vs TAG

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Best line?

villain's stats:

VP_SB:55 VP_BB:27

Cbets flop 40% of time over 96 hands.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($54.15)
      ($95.50)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:diamond:

raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5, calls $3.50

FLOP ($10) 2:diamond: T:club: 3:heart:

Hero checks, bets $6, Hero calls $6

TURN ($22) 2:diamond: T:club: 3:heart: K:diamond:

Hero bets $13.75, raises to $84.50 (AI), Hero calls $29.40 (AI)

RIVER ($108) 2:diamond: T:club: 3:heart: K:diamond: 9:diamond:
  • 5 replies
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Imo you should post your reasons for playing the c/c-donk line, otherwise it's basically impossible to say anythnig about the hand.

In general my line would be bet/broke, bet/broke, bet/broke when I'm HU in a 3bet pot with such a strong hand.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Villain was loathe to go broke without a premium hand. If I cbet the flop he would give up extremely often, as opposed to if I let him take the initiative , which normally gave me two streets of $$$ from him. my idea was to c/c flop then c/r turn, but of course he ships it in,

I expected him to cbet the flop, and I knew the K on the turn would be a great card to bet as I expect a lot of kings to be in his range.

He was overvaluing top pair a lot, and when I saw him just open shove the turn I figure im way ahead most of the time. Only thing crushing me is sets and two pairs. I guess the bet/broke line reduces the chances of running into two pairs a lot, so its probably better?

In future il probably just stick to the bet/broke line, but in this instance is folding the best policy on turn?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Dont play HU, so I'm not sure, but the way you played it I think you have to go broke here since he can certainly have KQ etc in his range, esp if there is a lot of 3b pre, in which case he may raise turn for value since your line looks kind of weak.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/c and then c/rai seems fine line, but I dot really understand why you decided to bet out turn instead of going your first read
      Either way you´re not going to get away hu so it doesn´t really matter too much what you´re doing postflop.
      I´d likely would prefer bet/calling flop to let him float and then c/rai on blank turn card. With Kx I´d likely bet a little less than half pot and call shove
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      thanks as always :)