bad beats are getting me bad

• 28 replies
    • jonspawn
      jonspawn
      Bronze
      for instance...im in the big blind position im sitting with aq suited. the two chip leaders are sitting in mid position the first guy raises twice the blind and the secon guy calls him and everyone else has folded. the flop comes down and its 545 i raise to 1700 the blinds were 200 and 100. the first guy calls and the second guy pushes all in....i called his all in as did the other guy the chip leader called the initial raise with j5 off suit....im an idiot for calling i guess....but wtf who calls a raise with j5 off.this sh it happens to me all the time. and i did catch an ace btw...thanks full tilt you scum bags. it just feels like im losing to complete morons all the time. i cant get use to this...do i just stop playing online?
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      you will see a noticeable improvement in the poker playing experience if you can leave that site,the rng on there is the subject of hugely more negative threads than most of the other sites combined.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      How excatly do you get to see the flop with AQs at that blind level OOP against 2 opponents? You do know that you will only hit the flop around 30% of the time you should be showing here 100% of the time. So your the donkey for calling and get the money in drawing dead since you let them suck out on you.

And on that flop with A high your way behind every PP with 25% equity and his never folding a pair on that flop so if you play a hand in such horrible way you should just c/f the flop.
    • robobi
      robobi
      Bronze
      @MatejM47 - I completely agree with you.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      how is that a bad beat?
      had u won, it would have been a bad beat duh
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      Get that trough you head you basic fuck, that not a bad beat. This is a bad beat :

sng

you hold 77
      not you holding A9

flop comes 729

you bet for instance half or whatever, you got called.

Turn 9

You shove becouse you have less then a pot, and have fullhouse. you got called all in and both players are all in

River 9

Now that a bad beat, becouse you done everything right, you shove when you where really far ahead, and on river you can't do anything becouse you already all in, and you lose becouse villan got miracle card (one card which can help him in whole deck.)

I think you should understand what is a bad beat.

Good luck and sorry for the bad language :)
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      @Jafre:
      well...9 on the river was not the only card that would help the opponent... any A or 2 would give him full house that would beat your full house... ;)
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      sorry, still mad for that hapening :)
    • Zervin311
      Zervin311
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonspawn
      for instance...im in the big blind position im sitting with aq suited. the two chip leaders are sitting in mid position the first guy raises twice the blind and the secon guy calls him and everyone else has folded. the flop comes down and its 545 i raise to 1700 the blinds were 200 and 100. the first guy calls and the second guy pushes all in....i called his all in as did the other guy the chip leader called the initial raise with j5 off suit....im an idiot for calling i guess....but wtf who calls a raise with j5 off.this sh it happens to me all the time. and i did catch an ace btw...thanks full tilt you scum bags. it just feels like im losing to complete morons all the time. i cant get use to this...do i just stop playing online?
      Betting 545, getting called, and then shoved on top, regardless of his preflop play, is a pretty terrible play in my opinion. You can't really fault him for playing those cards if he knows you aren't even willing to let go of ace high for your entire stack. If it makes you feel any better, I've flopped top full house into quads 3 times this week, QQ on Q 9 9 against 99 etc. This is nothing, get over it and improve your game :P
    • jonspawn
      jonspawn
      Bronze
      hey jaf ! i admitted to being new to the game and admitted i was an idiot for making the call. but your calling me a basic fuck makes me wanna put a browning up against your pathetic cowardly lil scull and blow the fucking brains out of the back your head.
      sorry im not a "pro" like you so obviously are. i was just looking for a lil advice not to be called names.
      i wonder if your rude lil mouth spouts off like that in person or if your just a lil coward who sits behind his computer and the shadow of annonimity.
      dude you have no idea who i am or what i do for a living but i will tell you this...if you ever find yourself in ottawa canada and want to find out id be more than happy to show you exactly who i am. learn some manners you pathetic fucking puke of a human being. now go fuck yourself ! you fucking cowardly lil man
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $3.74
      BB: $2.00
      UTG: $5.27
      MP: $7.53
      Hero (CO): $1.97
      BTN: $3.85

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 9:spade: 9:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, fold, SB calls $0.05, BB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.14, SB raises to $0.34, fold, Hero calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.88, 2 players) A:club: 9:heart: A:diamond:
      SB bets $0.88, Hero raises to $1.63, SB calls $0.75

Turn: ($4.14, 2 players) J:spade:

River: ($4.14, 2 players) K:heart:

SB shows K:diamond: K:club: (Full House, Kings full of Aces) (PreFlop 100%, Flop 100%, Turn 100%)
      SB wins $3.87

this is bad beat
    • makrelion
      makrelion
      Bronze
      hey jaf ! i admitted to being new to the game and admitted i was an idiot for making the call. but your calling me a basic fuck makes me wanna put a browning up against your pathetic cowardly lil scull and blow the fucking brains out of the back your head.
      sorry im not a "pro" like you so obviously are. i was just looking for a lil advice not to be called names.
      i wonder if your rude lil mouth spouts off like that in person or if your just a lil coward who sits behind his computer and the shadow of annonimity.
      dude you have no idea who i am or what i do for a living but i will tell you this...if you ever find yourself in ottawa canada and want to find out id be more than happy to show you exactly who i am. learn some manners you pathetic fucking puke of a human being. now go fuck yourself ! you fucking cowardly lil man
      Slow down, mister. First of all, your thread does not smell like the one which asks for advice, it is more like "Everyone hates me, because I am the best. Please, someone say that I am correct". Secondly, as it was said already, that wasn't a bad beat, it was bad play. And finally, stop being a jerk.
      If you want an advice, I can give you some.
      1. Learn to read players.
      2. Do not involve yourself in big pots unless you really have something in your hand.
      3. Learn when is the right time to bluff. Bluffing against a loose player, when you have absolutely nothing rarely is a good idea.

And btw, the fact, that Big stack called a min raise with more or less crappy hand, is not something unusual.
    • Cealin
      Cealin
      Bronze
      How lesser the stakes are, how crazier people tend to do.

Eventually people who play J5 etcetera will win you money, not cost you :) .
    • jonspawn
      jonspawn
      Bronze
      i got all that and am sorry for miss using those words..(bad beat) it wont happen again. But when someone wants to start calling me names...in an effort to make himself feel like a someone in this world.to him i say "go fuck yourself" and if you cant understand well the same to you. i just came here to learn.
    • Cealin
      Cealin
      Bronze
      @Jafreiteris: Your English might be bad, but saying "Basic fuck" is an insult. You might see stuff like that in the movies, but it's not wanted here.

@jonspawn: Just hit the report button to get a moderator to fix it if someone talks harmful :) . Talking back the way they talk only makes you feel worse.

Anyway: not knowing what a bad beat exactly is has to do with learning. Everybody has been there.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      You wanna see a real bad beat? Here it is. How could this donk shove all-in without even a pair in his hand?? Unbelievable! As always, I had the best hand.. until turn card came. Enjoy.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($14.24)
      CO ($15.92)
      Hero (Button) ($20.09)
      SB ($9.51)
      BB ($3.94)
      UTG ($14.81)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2, 2
      UTG bets $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 10, J, 3 (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, UTG raises to $14.51 (All-In), Hero calls $13.01

Turn: ($29.77) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($29.77) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $29.77 | Rake: $1.98

Results:
      Hero had 2, 2 (one pair, deuces).
      UTG had K, Q (flush, King high).
      Outcome: UTG won $27.79
    • jonspawn
      jonspawn
      Bronze
      my appologies to everyone who read my reply to jaf it was immature...sorry
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      my appologies to everyone who read my reply to jaf it was immature...sorry
      no problems, I know, many unkind people here who don't want you to get beter and beat them.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi jonspawn and welcome to PokerStrategy. This really is a great community and is usually very friendly and helpful.

Getting called and beat by worse hands sucks - there is no doubt about it. As you play more and more games though, you will realize that you can't control what other players do, only what you decide to do. You also start to appreciate that the results of individual hands don't matter that much. You are going to get beat and outdrawn a ridiculous amount of times, but you will also occasionally suck out too.

It's part of the game and if the fish couldn't suck out from time to time, they wouldn't be playing - and we want them playing!

If you haven't already, I suggest you read the strategy articles and don't forget the psychology section (it's helped me more than once).