Too many bad beats at Cake poker

• JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Diamond
      Hello everybody.

I am new to here, glad to have passed the quiz and received my free bankroll. Thanks for that. I have chosen Cake. I have played there not long. In the begginig it was nice, but not now. Everytime I have KK before the flop, some of my opponents has AA. I thought it is just a bad luck, but it is a really nice coincidence when this has happened four times in a row. But that is just a begging. How many of you has lost money dozen times while flopped three-of-a-kind but lost because of holding lower kicker? Well, I did. Now, I rather be losing to bigger trips than because of kicker. And having fullhouses? That always means my opponent has bigger one. These things are getting me sick, and that's how it goes every session. All I can win is blinds when I raise with these ''good'' cards pre-flop and everyone folds. Is it even possible to have such a bad luck? I am not a good player but I have doubts what to think about the software.
  • 12 replies
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by JohnDoe1313
      Hello everybody.

I am new to here, glad to have passed the quiz and received my free bankroll. Thanks for that. I have chosen Cake. I have played there not long. In the begginig it was nice, but not now. Everytime I have KK before the flop, some of my opponents has AA. I thought it is just a bad luck, but it is a really nice coincidence when this has happened four times in a row. But that is just a begging. How many of you has lost money dozen times while flopped three-of-a-kind but lost because of holding lower kicker? Well, I did. Now, I rather be losing to bigger trips than because of kicker. And having fullhouses? That always means my opponent has bigger one. These things are getting me sick, and that's how it goes every session. All I can win is blinds when I raise with these ''good'' cards pre-flop and everyone folds. Is it even possible to have such a bad luck? I am not a good player but I have doubts what to think about the software.
      Firstly, Cake poker software is pretty poor but it's not rigged if that's what you're thinking.

Everything you just mentioned is variance dude, nothing more. I've played 14k hands of nl2 on pokerstars this year and the first 8k were horrendous, every time I had a set someone else had better and every time I got all in ahead I got rivered. It happens to everyone all the time and the only way to get through it is to keep playing well.
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Diamond
      Ok, thank a lot for answer, I'll keep that on my mind.
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      also variance is huge on most sites simple because of the huge number of hands dealt
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Runs like this happen all the time unfortunately, so you'll have to get used to them. They are horrible when they happen, but inevitable. You just have to plough through it until you're luck turns around :)
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by diversfx
      also variance is huge on most sites simple because of the huge number of hands dealt
      This sounds like there are sites with low variance :) Anyway.. you know this is simply something you have to deal with if you want to be a good poker player. You wont win everytime you have the best hand. But if you get over your beats and keep on playing well, the money will come. ;)
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Professional Attitude read this :)
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      how can you play 12k hands at nl2
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ladman
      same way as you play 12k hands on NL200 imo :f_rolleyes:
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Lol dunno what you're getting at but I started with $20 on new years day which is now $53 and I have another $72 to go before I can play nl5 so I guess there's a good few hands still to come...

If it makes the op feel any better I just lost nearly 6 stacks in 400 hands (was at $64)... QQ into KK, AQs all in pre against donk with 77 and he flops a FH etc etc same old same old lol it happens :)
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      i know full well it happens but id slow down the hand rate if i was you and start studying. Thats a lot of hands at that level.
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      You will go on a run at some point where you have AA and get raised all by an opponent with KK ten times in a row and you wont even think its worth mentioning. All about which side of the coin you land on as to whether you claim it might be rigged or you think its the best site in the world.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      i know full well it happens but id slow down the hand rate if i was you and start studying. Thats a lot of hands at that level.
      Meh you're making the assumption I've only just started playing. I can beat nl2 SH playing like a nit bot, there's absolutely no point in trying to put people on ranges and get creative at this limit because they'll call you down with any old trash. Just straight forward bet when you have something and fold when you don't is plenty to completely crush it. I'll slow down and put more thought in when I get to NL10.