Stack
      SB:
      $2.01
      Hero:
      $2
      CO:
      $5.2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.85 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , K:spade:
      5 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.10, CO calls $0.08, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.22) K:heart: , J:heart: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, CO raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.90 (All-In), CO calls $1.30.

Turn: ($4.02) 4:club:
      River: ($4.02) J:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.02

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows a flush, king high (9h 8h)
      Hero shows (Ah Ks)

CO wins with a flush, king high (9h 8h)

Hopefully standard until meeting the aggression on flop, so my question is whether my re-raise all-in was ok.

During play my thoughts were:
      - villain is unlikely to have limp / called JJ/TT from CU so probably does not have a set
      - he could have a couple of broadway cards, and is either aggressively playing a draw, or trying to protect a 2-pair type hand from me having a draw
      - I could already be ahead and if not, any Q gives me the best straight and any gives me the nut flush
      - if I raise I am pot-committed anyway, so I might as well shove and maximise my fold equity

I wondered later whether I overplayed it:
      - although villain limps a lot 31/12 I haven't seen him make any crazy moves so the big raise on flop means he definitely has something. My fold equity when shoving is probably very low
      - against a range of KK,JJ,TT plus suited connectors 9:h8 down to 5:h4, Equilator tells me I was 35% which makes my shove -EV. On the other hand, this is being extremely conservative about his range. If I add a couple of KQ, KJ, JT type hands to his range it is easy to get my equity to 50%+.

What do you think - ok to push here if I don't mind the variance, or safest just to fold to his big flop raise given that I haven't invested much?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

No way I am going to fold such a hand in NL2. :) He may easily do there such moves as you mentioned your own already with any kind of Kx, maybe even with just Q:heart: . Definitely going broke. Nice hand! Although I'd raise bigger preflop since there are 2 limpers and we are OOP, ~$0,14 or even maybe bigger.

Best regards.