ex-Rush blog

• 7 replies
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Day 1. Played a bit of NL5 today, didn't do that well

Some of my big downward spikes:

QQ v AA allin pre. Was pretty sure he had AA and shouldve folded but still called...

About 2 hands later had TT on 4TA4 board. All in turn and he shows AA. Not bothered. It happens.

3-way QQ. Short stack allin pre. Board comes KJxx after I cbet. Was sure I was ahead, put him on flushdraw so barreled... River comes Q he shoves, I call. Shows ATo

Then had JJ on 4J66 board. All in turn, he shows 66.

Tilted.

The jump at the end which broke me even was me 2tabling NL10. So think I might do that instead of 4 tabling NL5. Theres very little difference in the play, in fact last I remember NL10 was softer... And with only 2 tables I'll be able to concentrate more and have more time to think about decisions.

br:

FT = $109.16
      Have about $40 on betfred too which I might move to bwin because there are some nice micro guarantee tournaments...
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      GL holmeboy, are you playing FR or SH? I'm sure 6 months -> NL50 is very doable and at NL50 you can definately make enough to not worry about getting a real job ;)

There is a rush study group on skype, look around the forums and you'll find details about it if your interested. IMO 'let their be range' is probably too advanced for micro stakes but easy game 1 and 2 are definate reads.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Thanks peche. Used to play sh before rush. But my post flop skills wouldn't be the best and I just don't feel very comfortable playing post flop in sh rush so I've switched to fr. I'll probably move back to sh at some stage...

And aye I've read that somewhere else about let there be range so might leave that until I start playing NL50... Gonna start poker blueprint today, the maths section looks pretty good so hopefully that'll help.

Lol yeah worked it out could make £4k month playing NL50 40hrs week 4-tabling @ 4bb/100 so that's my aim! Even beating NL25 would keep me alive!

Just had a shit session -2BI.

KK ran into AA x2

AKs v KQo board comes 8K4Qx. Allin flop...

Tilted/spewed away a bit. Overplayed QQ. The usual...

Then got VERY lucky: I 3bet with KJs. Board comes 38J3. I cbet then ended up allin turn. He showed A3s... J on river. Decided to stop playing after that.

Think I'll spend my other two sessions today watching videos/reading articles cause keep making stupid mistakes.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Haven't updated in a while cause had my project proposal to do. So haven't played much either...

Decided to pop open a couple of NL4sh tables on betfred while doing my work and managed to build my bankroll up to $94.62

My FT bankroll keeps fluctuating between $90 and $110. Started to get a bit pissed at how nitty FR is so decided to play a bit of SH after my success on betfred which I actually felt much more comfortable playing. Although made a couple of mistakes/tilted so bankroll is $90.46.

So I'm going to play on betfred from now on. I've played a couple hundred hands on NL20/25sh and I know its a small sample but I feel I could easily beat it with a little bit of effort. I've still got a lot of leaks and I feel playing normal tables I would be able to concentrate on my game a LOT more then I would with rush so it'll help me grow quicker as a player and benefit me more in the long run. Plus I've got $300 of bonuses to clear and theres a rakerace coming up.

I'm going to 4table NL10 until my br is $150. Then I'll start 6tabling. And I'll take 2table shots at NL20 when I reach $300, moving down if I hit $200. I've also posted my first hand in hand evaluation forums so going to keep doing that. I've just got to get pokertracker working on betfred first...

And if I manage to keep this going for a week I'll start posting stories about some of the stupid things I've done throughout my uni life.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Had a shit day today. Had people calling down and hitting gutshots, lost 2 stacks against better flushes and a few other coolers.... Then:

iPoker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $10.05
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $15.09
      MP: $6.11
      CO: $9.85
      Hero (BTN): $13.57

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:club: A:spade:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BB calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25, 3 players) 8:spade: A:diamond: A:heart:
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.25, 3 players) 3:spade:
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.60, fold, CO calls $0.60

River: ($2.45, 2 players) 7:heart:
      CO bets $1.50, Hero raises to $5.00, CO raises to $8.85, Hero calls $3.85

CO shows 8:heart: 8:club: (Full House, Eights full of Aces) (PreFlop 20%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%)
      Hero shows A:club: A:spade: (Four of a Kind, Aces) (PreFlop 80%, Flop 100%, Turn 100%)
      Hero wins $18.81

Started winning a few other pots, thought luck was finally about to change.... Then this just happened:

iPoker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $10.00
      SB: $12.45
      BB: $17.38
      UTG: $5.82
      Hero (CO): $21.78

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 8:diamond: T:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85, 2 players) 2:diamond: 6:diamond: 7:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB raises to $1.60, Hero raises to $4.00, BB raises to $16.98, Hero calls $12.98

Turn: ($34.81, 2 players) 2:heart:

River: ($34.81, 2 players) 6:heart:

BB shows 2:spade: 2:club: (Four of a Kind, Twos) (PreFlop 100%, Flop 100%, Turn 100%)
      BB wins $32.81

Decided to stop playing after that. Did manage to finish 15th in the magic number freeroll for a mighty $3.

br=$70.12 (cleared $10) of bonus

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Another horrific day today 2k hands and 5BI below ev on betfred... I'm not going to moan I obv did get unlucky but I misplayed a lot if spots and easily could have been breakeven, its my own fault really. I'm finally starting to see my leaks and hopefully I'll be able to plug them soon.

So on a brighter note after my shit session (like an idiot) I played NL20 for bout 200 hands... Made $15!

Also played some NL25 on FT at the same time up bout $4 there.

I know it sounds stupid but I actually feel much more comfortable in NL20/25. It's more aggressive which I like... I think thats what one of main issues with NL10 is, everyones just so f***ing passive it pisses me off, I get bored and spew or when I finally get action with a half decent hand I don't give them enough credit I'm just so excited to have some action! So I need to learn to be more patient. But haven't been tilting as much: when I get a bad beat I sit out and play darts for 5 mins and that calms me down...

Tomorrow gonna review for 2 sessions then play bout 1k hands in the evening. Most likely 6table NL4 until I get my roll to around the $100 mark. Then I'll swap two NL10 tables in. I think I need 6 tables so I don't get bored... Spent about half of my playing session today on youtube...

Betfred = $53.92
      FT = $94.77
    • Daenerys
      Daenerys
      Bronze
      Hey mate,

I totally agree with you on the difference between NL20/NL25 and NL10. In my personal (probably wrong) opinion its a lot easier to win on on NL25 then NL10. On gambling sites like betfred you ll find a lot more "weaker" players between NL25 and NL50. Most people playing NL10 are passive nits or super rocks.

Ah well, good luck at the tables mate, will follow your blog.