UTG+1: $29.68
      MP1: $19.65
      MP2: $53.10
      Hero (CO): $50.00
      BTN: $58.45
      SB: $65.69

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with A :diamond: A :club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, 1 fold, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.25) Q :diamond: J :spade: T :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $5.25, Hero calls $5.25, SB folds

Turn: ($15.75) Q :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $9.00, BB raises to $42.75, Hero folds

Villian is 24/12/35 after 42 hands. Flop suksc but I thought that I am ahead vs draws and I am IP vs him. I decided to call an reevaluate on turn. Turn paired board and I bet both for value and protection+ I didn't want to bluff catch him on river. When he CRAI I have to fold. Should I fold on flop given the board and that his lead is a pot size bet????
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      since you have gutshot, overpair+backdoor flushdraw I´d also call flop and evaluate on the turn. Not sure I like betting turn. You always have to b/f and more likely I´d like to see what hands bb is betting pot 3-way that I can make in the future better decisions. So I think I´d try to go to showdown
    • Hajler

As played I agree that you have to fold the turn. Villain seems likely to be a more passive player so the C/R is most likely the nuts.

As much as playing an overpair on such a coodinated board can suck, you can't just fold to his flop donk bet. You have a gutshot and backdoor flushdraw so you still have equity even if you assumed you were already behind. Although he seems passive I would still rule out AK from his range, so I think his most likely hands are 2 pair or a pair with a draw like KQ, T9, etc.

On the turn I think betting for value is very thin, as the board gets pretty scary and there aren't that many worse hands that will call you anymore. You don't really need to protect from draws as an A will give you a boat, and a K the straight leaving only a 9 for the straight and the FD, which I think it's less likely he will have especially since you have the A. So for that reason I think checking back is best.

Anyways that's just my two cents, I also suck at spots like this so I am interested in what other people will have to say.

Edit: Didnt see Kaitz's post, bleh. :f_p:
    • i5bet72o
      ya i agree with u guys either
      1. CheckBack turn
      2. b/f turn
      although i also think #1 is better than #2.