What is possibility for this?

• Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Okay, so I joined titan poker SnG 0,5$ buy in on titan poker.

here how it went.

Hand:

1.amo121 all in,
      2.amo121 all in. show AA
      3.ok hand
      4.legancy all in.
      5.amo121 all in.
      6.ok hand.
      7.ok hand.
      8.amo121 all in (AA), fanat056 calls allin (A5)
      9.amo121 allin (AA), oficer777 calls (JQ)
      x.amo121 allin show AA
      x.someone all in(AA), amo121 calls all in with 99.

so on on, he kept all ining, won SnG. had more 1 or 2 AA I don't know, got beaten once by AA himself.

what is percent to get 5AA in 25hands? at least I know that is minimum, if some got uncalled.

and AA twice in a row (yeah that happens I know), but really strange... does thi happens often?
  • 20 replies
    • livelydolphin
      livelydolphin
      Bronze
      That's why I always believe online poker is rigged!! LOL :s_biggrin:
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by livelydolphin
      That's why I always believe online poker is rigged!! LOL :s_biggrin:
      not talking about rigging, just asking if this happens a lot, it was my 3rd SnG on titan poker. so far 100% in cash, I am not mad , but it is strange really.
    • konkey
      konkey
      Bronze
      Yes, it happens quite often, especially on Titan Poker as their name indicates. Titans were always the strongest ones and so they deal the strongest cards to their customers.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Probablility to get Aces two times in a row is: 1/48841.
      Probability to get Aces at least five times in a 25 hand row is roughly 1/100000000.
      Nice :s_cool:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      50/50
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Probability to get Aces at least five times in a 25 hand row is roughly 1/100000000.
      thanks, strange, I want bankroll on FTP so hard now... :f_confused:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      lol yea go for it, everything will be different and you'll make lots of maney
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      maybe not lots, but maybe profit :f_cool:

it's really strange, one day I make like 10 BI in 1000 hands, and in next week I cannot hit a thing, or when I hit I get outdrawed or beat by random hand.
    • konkey
      konkey
      Bronze
      But expext to be dealt less premium hands
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      ftp field is tougher than ipoker for sure :P

making 10bi in 1k hands is variance same way as losing, the outcome of both is what you are worth as a poker player so if you aren't making money after good enough sample you just suck, deal with it and improve instead of wasting time searching for room where you'll be more lucky or w/e.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      ftp field is tougher than ipoker for sure :P

making 10bi in 1k hands is variance same way as losing, the outcome of both is what you are worth as a poker player so if you aren't making money after good enough sample you just suck, deal with it and improve instead of wasting time searching for room where you'll be more lucky or w/e.

I think I will see once I try, no other way.

but about players, I play on micros, and I believe 90% that on FTP there are more fish. Maybe not on higher stakes (like Victor Blom said like you).
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      If you want lots of fish then choose a room that has the most horrible software there is and bad rakeback
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      If you want lots of fish then choose a room that has the most horrible software there is and bad rakeback
      well, that's not titan poker then. thanks for commenting.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      When I see the naivety of beginning players, sometimes I forget that I'm a beginner too :s_biggrin:
      Everybody is looking for a Holy Grail - a poker room where you can beat fishes all day, variance doesn't have any effect and your winning graph rises like a spire in the heaven. Yeah, but the harsh reality is that almost everywhere you get the same - beats, coolers, severe downswings, and another soul-crushing experience. It is fair enough I believe, because otherwise every guy, who has read some articles on PokerStrategy could beat the shit out of all the rest. And now it's like a few people of thousands reaches the top - just like in pretty much every sphere. Poker isn't easy money, no matter how attractive it looks.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I just calculated it and the probability to hit 5 or more aces in a sample of 25 hands is 1/10700443, or approximately 1 in 11 million, 9 times a likely as you suggested.

And the chance to hit aces two times in a row is, indeed 1/48841, but in a sample size of 25 hands, the probability to find 2 or more aces is 1/175. The probability to find at least once two aces in a row in a sample of 25 hands is 1/2036.

And now I need to prepare dinner:P
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luitzen
      I just calculated it and the probability to hit 5 or more aces in a sample of 25 hands is 1/10700443, or approximately 1 in 11 million, 9 times a likely as you suggested.

And the chance to hit aces two times in a row is, indeed 1/48841, but in a sample size of 25 hands, the probability to find 2 or more aces is 1/175. The probability to find at least once two aces in a row in a sample of 25 hands is 1/2036.

And now I need to prepare dinner:P
      that's sick, didn't think it was 48841. Saw it happen not once.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      When I see the naivety of beginning players, sometimes I forget that I'm a beginner too :s_biggrin:
      Everybody is looking for a Holy Grail - a poker room where you can beat fishes all day, variance doesn't have any effect and your winning graph rises like a spire in the heaven. Yeah, but the harsh reality is that almost everywhere you get the same - beats, coolers, severe downswings, and another soul-crushing experience. It is fair enough I believe, because otherwise every guy, who has read some articles on PokerStrategy could beat the shit out of all the rest. And now it's like a few people of thousands reaches the top - just like in pretty much every sphere. Poker isn't easy money, no matter how attractive it looks.
      thanks, I agree with everything, but really, I just want to try FTP and see if it is the same in titan,
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, my bad, I actually got the right approximate answer, just wrote one zero too much :f_biggrin:
      And I think it's pretty normal, I mean everything happens with big enough hand sample. First time I got dealt Aces two times in a row I was also like OMGWFTLOL, but I had it many times now, and that happens not only with Aces, but I had some situations where I got dealt exactly the same cards two times in a row, and probablility for this would be 1/1758276. And now I'm multitabling Rush, and constantly have plenty of situations where I have exactly the same cards on 2 tables at once. Not sure about that, but I think there were one situation, where I had exactly the same cards on 3 tables at once :)
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      The probability to get dealt the exact same hand two times in a row is 1/1326. There are 1326 unique hands which can be dealt to you and you get dealt all kinds of hands all the time. The probability that your next hand will be identical to the one you're currently holding therefore is 1/1326.