This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 - Mixed thoughts on 3 barreling

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($50)
      BB ($38.45)
      UTG ($54.25)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      CO ($53.75)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero A:club: Q:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, Hero calls $1.25, fold

FLOP ($3.50) 3:club: J:spade: 7:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $2, Hero raises to $6.50, CO calls $4.50

TURN ($16.50) 3:club: J:spade: 7:club: 2:club:

Hero bets $9, CO calls $9

RIVER ($34.50) 3:club: J:spade: 7:club: 2:club: Q:spade:

Hero bets $13, CO raises to $36.75 (AI), Hero folds

CO wins $57.60

Now ... Two ways of thinking about it ...

During the hand my thinking process was this.
      After c/r flop, turn FD hits, so if I want to rep flush, why would I bet big and scare the villain off his hand?

So betting smallish makes sense "story wise" that I'm trying to tell and also, I give myself a cheaper price for drawing ...

Now river I actually make TPTK, so I underbet to hopefully get to SD cheaply (and I would also probably underbet the river with the nuts to induce either a bluffshove or a light call from marginal holdings that wouldn't pay me off otherwise).

This was my thinking process during the hand ...

But in actuality, there's also the possibility that when I c/r flop and bet turn smallishly, villain might put me on a scared set and bluffshove me off it.
      So I should instead bet turn big for max fold equity and then the pot would also be big enough for me to shove any river comfortably as I have the nuts blocker.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since I think you´re going to b/c turn anyway with your nut fd+overcards I don´t mind 9$ bet, although I´d likely bet 11$
      If he calls down with AJ, then shove river if not then c/c yourself, although I think river goes a lot of times c/c. if you bet small you can´t really fold to shove, since his hand range can be still 9T/89, that picked up extra equity on the turn, but can´t call that river bet since they don´t have no showdown value