fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, Hero calls $1.25, fold

FLOP ($3.50) 3:club: J:spade: 7:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $2, Hero raises to $6.50, CO calls $4.50

TURN ($16.50) 3:club: J:spade: 7:club: 2:club:

Hero bets $9, CO calls $9

RIVER ($34.50) 3:club: J:spade: 7:club: 2:club: Q:spade:

Hero bets $13, CO raises to $36.75 (AI), Hero folds

CO wins $57.60

Now ... Two ways of thinking about it ...

During the hand my thinking process was this.
      After c/r flop, turn FD hits, so if I want to rep flush, why would I bet big and scare the villain off his hand?

So betting smallish makes sense "story wise" that I'm trying to tell and also, I give myself a cheaper price for drawing ...

Now river I actually make TPTK, so I underbet to hopefully get to SD cheaply (and I would also probably underbet the river with the nuts to induce either a bluffshove or a light call from marginal holdings that wouldn't pay me off otherwise).

This was my thinking process during the hand ...

But in actuality, there's also the possibility that when I c/r flop and bet turn smallishly, villain might put me on a scared set and bluffshove me off it.
      So I should instead bet turn big for max fold equity and then the pot would also be big enough for me to shove any river comfortably as I have the nuts blocker.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Since I think you´re going to b/c turn anyway with your nut fd+overcards I don´t mind 9$ bet, although I´d likely bet 11$
      If he calls down with AJ, then shove river if not then c/c yourself, although I think river goes a lot of times c/c. if you bet small you can´t really fold to shove, since his hand range can be still 9T/89, that picked up extra equity on the turn, but can´t call that river bet since they don´t have no showdown value