[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH AK cbet flop or not

• veeretas
      veeretas
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($36.28)
      Hero (BB) ($168.73)
      UTG ($75.37)
      MP ($75.15)
      Button ($54.92)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
      1 fold, MP bets $1.25, Button raises $4.25, 1 fold, Hero raises $10.50, 1 fold, Button calls $6.75

Flop: ($23.50) 2, 5, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $14, Button calls $14

Turn: ($51.50) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $29.92 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $51.50
      No info. Prima An.
      cbet flop or not. How to play post flop?
  • 4 replies
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      Without no info, i dont want even 3b this hand. I think i would just call and Mp wont shove a lot cause he is a bit deep. So u could just fold easily.

As played. I dont want to c-bet this board cause his calling 4b range is too strong. And i dont think u will be bluffed out with best hand, cause his worst hand is AK, maybe some rare times AQs. Thats what i expect from standard players.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      If you 4b, you need to make it much bigger imo. You make it just 2.5x and you are oop and deep (150bb) so bu can call a wide range and mess with you.

Think cold 4b here is fine if bu 3b is high.

As played, I think either ch/f flop or bet flop and shove turn. Cbetting and ch/f turn with so little left is pretty unpleasant since villain will rarely fold on this board his medium/high pps.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since you´re oop I´d likely make it 12$ pf
      Your flop c-bet seems also kind of big. If you´re going to b/f then make it 9$ and you likely get the same result. He is not folding there pp and would likely fold any worse hands
      c/f generally is fine on the turn. he is sometimes floating with backdoor flushdraws, but generally I´d expect him to have quite strong range to call that c-bet
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64

As played, I think either ch/f flop or bet flop and shove turn. Cbetting and ch/f turn with so little left is pretty unpleasant since villain will rarely fold on this board his medium/high pps.
      If villain calls flop with low PP then he is not folding it to a lot of turn cards, if ever. Cause he have invested so much.