This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH AK cbet flop or not

• veeretas
      veeretas
      Gold
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($36.28)
      Hero (BB) ($168.73)
      UTG ($75.37)
      MP ($75.15)
      Button ($54.92)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
      1 fold, MP bets $1.25, Button raises $4.25, 1 fold, Hero raises $10.50, 1 fold, Button calls $6.75

Flop: ($23.50) 2, 5, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $14, Button calls $14

Turn: ($51.50) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $29.92 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $51.50
      No info. Prima An.
      cbet flop or not. How to play post flop?
  • 4 replies
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      Without no info, i dont want even 3b this hand. I think i would just call and Mp wont shove a lot cause he is a bit deep. So u could just fold easily.

As played. I dont want to c-bet this board cause his calling 4b range is too strong. And i dont think u will be bluffed out with best hand, cause his worst hand is AK, maybe some rare times AQs. Thats what i expect from standard players.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      If you 4b, you need to make it much bigger imo. You make it just 2.5x and you are oop and deep (150bb) so bu can call a wide range and mess with you.

Think cold 4b here is fine if bu 3b is high.

As played, I think either ch/f flop or bet flop and shove turn. Cbetting and ch/f turn with so little left is pretty unpleasant since villain will rarely fold on this board his medium/high pps.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since you´re oop I´d likely make it 12$ pf
      Your flop c-bet seems also kind of big. If you´re going to b/f then make it 9$ and you likely get the same result. He is not folding there pp and would likely fold any worse hands
      c/f generally is fine on the turn. he is sometimes floating with backdoor flushdraws, but generally I´d expect him to have quite strong range to call that c-bet
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64

As played, I think either ch/f flop or bet flop and shove turn. Cbetting and ch/f turn with so little left is pretty unpleasant since villain will rarely fold on this board his medium/high pps.
      If villain calls flop with low PP then he is not folding it to a lot of turn cards, if ever. Cause he have invested so much.