[NL2-NL10] NL4 BU AQs

• Jeffers16
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , Q:club:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.16, Hero raises to $0.48, 2 folds, CO calls $0.32.

Flop: ($1.02) K:spade: , J:heart: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.2, Hero raises to $0.80, CO calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.62) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.62) J:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.32, CO folds.

Final Pot: $3.94

Flop: I feel his bet looks really weak, many draws out there. I should probably raise this bigger if I'm gonna raise right?

Turn: I decided to check behind, I could get some draws to fold here but he could still have Kx, Jx and he might not even fold his draws.

River: Now none of the draws have completed, if he had a K or J I think he definitely bets this river. So I decided to try take the pot, is the bet sizing ok?

All my reasoning and play ok?

• 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Jeffers16,

Preflop: First of all I don't really like the 3bet here actually against his PFR. I'd rather just Call it and play against him postflop if he is somehow reasonable opponent.

As played
      Flop: Yeah, I guess I'd make a bit bigger but oftentimes the opponents tend to fold it anyways so the sizing doesn't matter that much, but likely would do it bigger.
      Turn: Yeah, likely Checking is better here. He often does Call us here too when he Called us on flop.
      River: Kinda close, I guess most of the time win anyway the hand when we just Check behind which is folding to our Bet. Therefore sometimes even consider just Checking but definitely betting is considerable, if you think he is having some kind of PP here.

Best regards.