[NL2-NL10] KQs BB - Laydown too late?

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , Q:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0.25.
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, CO checks, BU calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1.50, MP3 calls $1.25, CO folds, BU calls $1.25, SB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($6.25) J:club: , Q:club: , A:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU bets $1, SB calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, MP3 folds.

I think laydown on the flop would be the right move after the raise of BU. BU raising in last position can hold any hand, but he can also hold A2 - AT and is ahead on this flop. (Higher A should have raised)

Turn: ($9.25) 4:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50, Hero folds.

River: ($12.25) 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, BU bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $13.25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows [ Kd, 6d ] a pair of Sixes
      SB shows [ Ad, Tc ] a pair of Aces
      SB wins $12.59 USD with a pair of Aces.
  • 6 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I would fold it on flop, board is to drawy...
      please, post your stack size and don`t post results)
    • Jarostrategy
      Jarostrategy
      Bronze
      If you raise this hand OOP, you should push it preflop because of so many limpers. If just one limper calls your raise(that was indeed 1 BB to small) the Pot is 4,25 $.
      So your stack would be under Potsize and you would have to push any Flop out of Position.

So if you Raise, Push it preflop. The Other possibility is calling/checking for Straight/Flush/Trips/2Pair Value if you dont want to Push KQ preflop.

But then i would not loose my chips on this Flop.

In this Situation, you have Odds of 8,25 : 1. I would give something like 3 Gutshotouts and 2 for the Q. So the Call is not really wrong considering your implieds of 2,5 $^^. But i would give me just half of the gutshotouts because often someone else will hold a King to and you have to split the pot.

So i would fold it on the Flop.
    • Eyeshield77
      Eyeshield77
      Black
      Against any 3 limpers you should push preflop.

As played I would call flop bet. By my assumption, we have 1,5 gutshots, 2 to Q, but we are good because of implied odds.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      @ xylere: sorry, had problems with my converter not showing the stacks. Mine was $ 4,75
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jarostrategy
      If you raise this hand OOP, you should push it preflop because of so many limpers. If just one limper calls your raise(that was indeed 1 BB to small) the Pot is 4,25 $.
      So your stack would be under Potsize and you would have to push any Flop out of Position.

So if you Raise, Push it preflop. The Other possibility is calling/checking for Straight/Flush/Trips/2Pair Value if you dont want to Push KQ preflop.

But then i would not loose my chips on this Flop.

In this Situation, you have Odds of 8,25 : 1. I would give something like 3 Gutshotouts and 2 for the Q. So the Call is not really wrong considering your implieds of 2,5 $^^. But i would give me just half of the gutshotouts because often someone else will hold a King to and you have to split the pot.

So i would fold it on the Flop.
      I agree. My error in this situation was not taking the completing SB calculating the raise size. Will remember next time. ;) Than the push preflop is the logical consequence. Thanks Jaro
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Eyeshield77
      Against any 3 limpers you should push preflop.

As played I would call flop bet. By my assumption, we have 1,5 gutshots, 2 to Q, but we are good because of implied odds.
      Thanks Eyeshield. Yep, push preflop in that situation as also Jaro recommended. And it would not make necessary the close decision on the flop.