[NL2-NL10] QQ - CF on the turn?

• Gremlin68
      0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:spade: , Q:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, MP2 calls $1.00, 5 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 7:heart: , A:heart: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP2 calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.35) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.25, MP2 raises to $6.50, Hero raises to $3.59 (All-In).

CF on the turn would have been adequate I think. The board paired before, and the A on the flop make my Two pair quite weak.

River: ($15.44) 5:diamond:

Final Pot: $15.44
  • 5 replies
    • xylere
      well, he would likely re-raise you on flop if he hold an Ace, though it`s not for sure ofcourse... Yherefore, I think I would check/fold turn and bet river if he checks behind...(in case heart card won`t appear)
    • Jarostrategy
      Exactly there are not so much hands he can call you with on the flop, that you beat on the Turn except a Flushdraw.

So Check/Fold the Turn and Check/Fold the River vs. Unknown. If no heart appears on the River you could probably get a bet of a busted Flushdraw.
      If the Odds are really good or you have a read playing Check/Call on the River(if its a blank), considering the Odds is possible.

Greetings, Jarostrategy
    • drachdudek
      I agree with Jarostrategy, even more when yesterday my "QQ" were badly beaten when someone "unknown" who was in UTG1 was slowplaying "AA" first he was limping and then calling my bets until all-in. Board was T, 8, 7 rainbow :( ......I hate such players. What can we do in such cases..I think nothing...
    • xylere
      drachdudek, it`s a bit different here. In the sample hand Hero is in wa/wb situation and he is actually able to do something - figure it out)

In your case its ok, unless you have a note on him, for this reason
      you shouldn`t forget to write one after he shows his hand... From my experience, players who limp monsters usually repeat it constantly
    • Eyeshield77
      But don't forget that a lot of AA first position limpers also limp pairs like TT- or just pretend that they have aces.

Unfortunately, one hand is not enough to make decision about his next limps, you should throughly look at his limp plays at first positions and his reactions on raising after it. If he calls only with aces or kings, it's a note. If not and he calls with a lot more wider range, than you should play like you played before. I mean lose to aces, but still win more against his range.