Table Image

• diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      What type are you? Do you create false table images? Do you have different ones for different games? Players?

Do you changes tables looking for one that suits your image or do you change your image to suit the game?

Just wondering are poker players actors,liars,gamblers or...............

After all it is part of the game.
  • 8 replies
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Ok since no one seems to want to give there 2 cents worth,I will explain why I'm asking these questions.

Lately at least I've been doing well by changing my style of play mid game. Loose then super tight,or vice verse you get the picture. Other times I play the same style the whole time.

I was just wondering how many other plays use this tactic.
    • fourtimestwo
      fourtimestwo
      Bronze
      Prob should do what you say but I'm always tight and I'm a losing player so maybe thats why?
    • RGOD2
      RGOD2
      Bronze
      Their is a huge difference between online and live tournament play when it comes to table image . The benefits more in favour of online play when it comes to giving away tells such as , Reactions, Twitches, Eye Movement, the rising and falling of a players chest , What they say, How the say it , their steadiness of eye hand coordination , their interest or even lack of interest in the Board .All these little tells can give a huge advantage to the more observant player . But as you have said yourself that their are players /Actors/Liars who have perfected the Art of False tells from studying their own body movements and adjusting them accordingly. so Beware .

Online you have the option of choosing and swapping whatever type of game you like, wither it is a tight Loose table you Pick .The drawback to this is that you have to play at least 20 to 30 hands with the players to get any sort of info on their style . Forcing showdowns as cheaply as possible . The only tells you can get from online are behavioral patterns of your players . Time taken to bet/Call/Fold can be very useful if you study their rhythm. Bet sizing is also a great tell as well . But I fear with all the new programs and software available to aid players that the Fun aspect of the game is Lost .Would I use the same programs to improve my profits
      .The answer is yes but it would take a while to get use to and multi tabling would be a whole lot slower with them .

Will it just get to a stage where I will just become a programmer. Create the code with all the Relevant Ranges, What to call , what to Raise and what to Fold . Activate it and just sit back and let it do the Playing for Me .I feel that this is happening Already .

Hope I answered some of your questions and if not I hope my words are useful .
    • RGOD2
      RGOD2
      Bronze
      the Goal is to have a great tight table image .
      Forcing players to lay down callable hands .
      When you get to a showdown have strong hands but also make sure you give little to no information away if they turn better ones .
      E.g if they have Q, 10 and you have A.J and missed don t show your stronger preflop hand as this will make it easier for opponents to put you on a range .

Get loose when you have the stack and table position to do So .

And when you get a bad beat use that energy to tighten up and remind yourself that the Next time you play a Hand that you will be Favourite.

Do not go on a personal Vendetta to outdraw the player who busted you. ( this is a natural human response that you will have to train yourself to ignore.As supposed to a Poker Players response who are In Humain:-) If you go looking to put bad beats on these players it will result in Negative Equity 80% of the time .

Did you know that 80% of facts are made up :-)
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      You make some good points.However as far as I know running bot programs will get you banned. I don't multi table much largely because of connection speed where I live. So i have no illusions about making a lot of money online. I just want to improve my play.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      I think its my look/personality that gets me $$$$ in live tourmements, i'm a proper Lad i wear a nice tracksuit and a basbeball cap pointing to the sky and im loud and blatently arragant at the table ill tel everywan what i think when i think and thats just me, i guess sometimes people would think im a bit less intellectual as them and think im just a loose idiot looking for some fun,

but when i play with my friends in tournements (pubs, cardrooms etc) i try to look more professional and act more professional ( because im always going on like im tom dwan) and when i look smarter and be less lets say out spoken and try play more ABC i guess i don't do so good.

i try to make it look like im just here for fun, pub tourments are the easiest because i don't drink ( :s_o: :s_o: :s_o: yes im irish, i gave it up boxing you see) so i chill with a glass of coke or something and be loud and i ship them little tourneys and happy days another few hundred euro for me witch in my life can go along way.

JUST HAVE FUNNNNNNNNNNNNN :s_love: :f_love:
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RGOD2
      Their is a huge difference between online and live tournament play when it comes to table image . The benefits more in favour of online play when it comes to giving away tells such as , Reactions, Twitches, Eye Movement, the rising and falling of a players chest , What they say, How the say it , their steadiness of eye hand coordination , their interest or even lack of interest in the Board .All these little tells can give a huge advantage to the more observant player . But as you have said yourself that their are players /Actors/Liars who have perfected the Art of False tells from studying their own body movements and adjusting them accordingly. so Beware .

Online you have the option of choosing and swapping whatever type of game you like, wither it is a tight Loose table you Pick .The drawback to this is that you have to play at least 20 to 30 hands with the players to get any sort of info on their style . Forcing showdowns as cheaply as possible . The only tells you can get from online are behavioral patterns of your players . Time taken to bet/Call/Fold can be very useful if you study their rhythm. Bet sizing is also a great tell as well . But I fear with all the new programs and software available to aid players that the Fun aspect of the game is Lost .Would I use the same programs to improve my profits
      .The answer is yes but it would take a while to get use to and multi tabling would be a whole lot slower with them .

Will it just get to a stage where I will just become a programmer. Create the code with all the Relevant Ranges, What to call , what to Raise and what to Fold . Activate it and just sit back and let it do the Playing for Me .I feel that this is happening Already .

Hope I answered some of your questions and if not I hope my words are useful .
      Hmmmm i'm not too sure about this. Firstly, despite bots being banned, i'm pretty sure a bot couldn't win on any level higher than NL25. Why? Because good poker players adapt to their opponents, and a bot would very quickly get exploited as you would be able to put them on a perfect hand range every single time. Very easy to exploit ABC poker.

Also, the software that is being used doens't make multitabling slower, if anything it makes it faster and easier, due to your ability to base a read you have on a player on a set of hard numbers and facts.

Answering OP, I believe changing your style mid-game to be very profitable. For example, if you start of loose and aggressive at a table, but after a while switch to a tighter game there is a lot more chance of you monster hands getting paid off :)
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      or the reverse can let you steal like crazy........or go broke:)