This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ vs. trips

• Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $6.97
      SB:
      $3.32
      BB:
      $6.20
      UTG2:
      $5.42
      MP1 (Hero):
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $0.60
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $3.12

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20, 3 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.8) 3, T, 7 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, MP2 calls $0.40, SB folds, BB raises to $3.50, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($8.2) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.50, Hero calls $1.30.

River: ($12) 5 (3 players)

Final Pot: $12.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, queens and sevens(Qh Qd).
      BB shows a full-house, threes full of sevens(3c 3d).
      MP2 shows a pair of sevens(Ah Jc).

BB wins with a full-house, threes full of sevens(3c 3d).

Oponents' stats (VPIP/PFR/AF):
      - MP2: 54/0/1.6, 40+ hands
      - SB: 52/9/2.7, 80+ hands
      - BB: 13/8/1.0, 60+ hands

Explanation:
      After the flop I didn't worry about the MP2 and SB as I saw them calling with wide range and playing after the flop without any plan, but the BB gave me problems. There was a possible flush draw so when he bet on flop I wasn't sure did he hit the trips, top/over pair or did he have a FD. That's why I raised him.
      When he RR me I guess I should have folded, but I felt kind of pot commited so I gave it a try. There was also so much in the pot already I wasn't sure if folding is proper option.
      Since turn didn't bring third heart for flush, I decided to call his bet.

Since he had AF just 1.0, I guess I should put more attention to his flop and turn bets/raise.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Samo2,

Of course it's reasonable to raise it there and try to protect but the question also is that with what he is doing such a min-raise? I don't ever think that he is taking such a line with just Tx, therefore I'd rather even fold to his raise. We still have more than $3 in our stack, ain't worth risking. As you plan to Call it, then rather ship it on flop.

Best regards.