[NL2-NL10] QQ vs. trips

• Samo2
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20, 3 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.8) 3, T, 7 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, MP2 calls $0.40, SB folds, BB raises to $3.50, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($8.2) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.50, Hero calls $1.30.

River: ($12) 5 (3 players)

Final Pot: $12.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, queens and sevens(Qh Qd).
      BB shows a full-house, threes full of sevens(3c 3d).
      MP2 shows a pair of sevens(Ah Jc).

BB wins with a full-house, threes full of sevens(3c 3d).

Oponents' stats (VPIP/PFR/AF):
      - MP2: 54/0/1.6, 40+ hands
      - SB: 52/9/2.7, 80+ hands
      - BB: 13/8/1.0, 60+ hands

After the flop I didn't worry about the MP2 and SB as I saw them calling with wide range and playing after the flop without any plan, but the BB gave me problems. There was a possible flush draw so when he bet on flop I wasn't sure did he hit the trips, top/over pair or did he have a FD. That's why I raised him.
      When he RR me I guess I should have folded, but I felt kind of pot commited so I gave it a try. There was also so much in the pot already I wasn't sure if folding is proper option.
      Since turn didn't bring third heart for flush, I decided to call his bet.

Since he had AF just 1.0, I guess I should put more attention to his flop and turn bets/raise.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Samo2,

Of course it's reasonable to raise it there and try to protect but the question also is that with what he is doing such a min-raise? I don't ever think that he is taking such a line with just Tx, therefore I'd rather even fold to his raise. We still have more than $3 in our stack, ain't worth risking. As you plan to Call it, then rather ship it on flop.

Best regards.