Identity verification taking ages: Or bad customer service?

• shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      Recently i cashed out for some money on fulltilt. After 5 days i get an e-mail saying that my account has been frozen and requires verification of my identity. I provided them with the necessary documents on sunday, the 16th of jan and havent heard since. I sent another e-mail to the support at fulltilt, but still havent got any response. Its been a while and i want to play soon lol:) .

Is it normal and i am being impatient or its just taking ages??? Any of you guys experienced this before?

Can pokerstartegy do anything about it. Please help!!!
  • 22 replies
    • Sholja
      Sholja
      Bronze
      Read this:

Account deactivated, IDCheck and no answer within 4 days :(

And just for the record they still didn't answer me. I send them documents on 4th jan and another mail to their support on 12th jan but still nothing.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey shehanshah,

I'm afraid this would be out of PokerStrategy.com's hands. But, I can assure you that this not out of the normal.

FullTilt Poker have every right to ask for "verification of identity" and their support may have several accounts to look over so the wait isn't to long.

Please be patient and I'm sure they will contact you as soon as they can.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      Thanks for ur reply kyle. Hope they do it soon.:) And gud luk to u sholja, hopefully they make it soon for you as well.
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      It took for about 10 days for them to complete my verification (interesting thing was, that the froze didn't came after a cashout, as usual happens). The good thing about it - after a bit of complaint they agreed to count all missing days as Iron Man ones, with maximum points required :)
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      Update: Still no reply or action. More than two weeks now.Account frozen and pissed off. Cant play the double prize money week tourneys.blah!!
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Does account freezing happen often? Is there any way to avoid it?
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      @antstruk - U can avoid it by sending them the verification documents when u register with fulltilt I think. Just send them an e-mail saying that u need to verify yourself in advance just to avoid freezing your account.
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      What are the verification docs?
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      1) Photo ID:
      One of the following: valid driver's license, passport, or other government-issued ID that clearly shows your birth date and the date of issue or expiry.

2) Proof of Address: (Must be dated within the last 3 months)
      One of the following: bank or credit card statement, utility bill, cell phone bill, home or auto insurance papers.

Before sending copies of your documents, please ensure the following requirements are met:

* Copies must be clear and legible (96 to 150 DPI or higher recommended for scanned copies).
      * The document needs to be a full page and complete (bill/pay stubs, folded papers, envelopes, and partial sections are unacceptable).
      * Bills must clearly display that company's letterhead or official logo.
      * Your address verification document must display the same name and address listed on your Full Tilt Poker account.
      * We can only accept email attachments of 3 MB or less, and attachments can be in either JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg) or PDF (.pdf) format.
      * You may take digital photos of your documents and email them to us, provided that they are in focus, and unobstructed by camera flashes or you may email scanned images of your documents.

If your camera has a macro feature (appears as a tulip icon), please enable it and take the photo within a 12 to 18-inch distance. If your camera does not have this option, please take the photo within a 24-inch distance.
    • orenha
      orenha
      Bronze
      hi, i want to validate my account but i have a problem im from israel,

all of my docs are in hebrew, i can send passport and driving license , but i have no bill in english or any other language.

what can i do?

thank you.
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      @orenha- Sorry, i dont know what to say :( . Just e-mail fulltilt about it i guess and check what happens.

Update: Also attach screenshots of moneybookers or any other e-wallets to your e-mail if u r using them with your other documents.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      they canceled my cashout after like 3 days then suspended me for 10days, ridiculous but they are epic bad at this apparently
    • orenha
      orenha
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shehanshah
      @orenha- Sorry, i dont know what to say :( . Just e-mail fulltilt about it i guess and check what happens.

Update: Also attach screenshots of moneybookers or any other e-wallets to your e-mail if u r using them with your other documents.
      thank you, ill try it.
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      Update: They finally verified my account after 20 days. I had to send them my passport copy, bank copy and moneybookers screenshots.
      Gonna play the FTOPS if i win some satelites :) .
      I also thank pokerstrategy for providing me with the initial 50$. I am up like 1800$, so Thanks for the money and all the invaluable strategies i have got from the website.
    • DanteDylan
      DanteDylan
      Silver
      Hi guys, this is my first post but I just recently ran into this same problem. But, they are also asking for a photo of my credit card is this normal? I just feel uneasy about providing this.
      Thanks
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      @dante-sorry for the late answer. I havent seen this thread since long. Its ok to provide them with your card photocopy. Just the front of the card shld be cool.
    • huanvlh
      huanvlh
      Basic
      My Experience is keeping away from Full-Tilt Poker and Party Poker. Everyone should choose William Hills Poker ! Good luck !
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Dante

All the poker rooms we deal with have established reputation and are reliable. They do have to take security measure because they are dealing with money. So there is no problem at all providing them with the documents they require.

Kind regards

Thazar
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      they're dumb barstands. There is no other way how to put it. I am waiting for every response from them for about two three weeks. They froze my account when I was trying to deposit??? They did the same to my mom. I guess they don't want any of us to have rakeback. There is no other way how to explain this. I would have sorta understand if I was from some non accepted US area. Some villain from China or I don't know. But simply they treat people the way they never should.

No wonder they can't beat pokerstars in volume. With this barstand like attitude they'll never will! I tell you if there was rakeback for stars I would look no more!