NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($63.60)
      Hero ($50)
      UTG ($50.75)
      UTG+1 ($69.70)
      CO ($87.10)
      BTN ($52.95)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.50, fold, Hero raises to $5, BTN calls $3.50

FLOP ($10.25) J:heart: 6:heart: K:spade:

Hero bets $6, BTN calls $6

TURN ($22.25) J:heart: 6:heart: K:spade: 3:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $10, Hero calls $10

RIVER ($42.25) J:heart: 6:heart: K:spade: 3:club: 9:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $31.95 (AI), Hero calls $29 (AI)

Villain - 24/21 regular looking player

Obv we can discount KK & I think a regular would almost always raise 66/JJ/KJ on the flop coz it's kinda wet and also the kind of flop that either hit me really nice and he should be most likely stacking me or missed completely in which case I'm gonna give up on the turn most likely ...

So rather looks like a float to me ... esp after that less than 1/2 PSB @ turn
      And now he shoves the river for 3/4 PSB, with what?

I expect him to make a normal valuebet on the river with AK coz he does have to be worried about KJ/QTs possibly - hands that I'd most likely be 3betting pre, obv cbetting my OESD and then c/c turn possibly.

And I never expect him to show up with QT either coz it would be a really bad preflop call coming from a regular and us not being deep nor having any history.
  • 3 replies
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      standard reg ... nl50 ....

pre:
      - KK he ships pre imo
      - JJ calls pre often enough.
      - AK will ship pre often, KQ will call
      - we cant assume too much about 8h7h etc or QTs, ATs kinda hands. some combos will be in probably

i dont think many ppl on 50 will randomly float u on a KJx flop. if he calls, he has QT, T9, fd, Jx, Kx, (QQ, TT)

i probably bet the turn again, cuz he can play almost perfectly against us and i dont wanna give freecards.
      yeah his betsize is a bit strange. i c/shove or c/f, depends on my reads and our history.

if i dont have any reads , i think c/c turn and c/f river might be an option. u rly only beat fd at that point. and AT. i dont think these guys are turning TT into a bluff here putting u on AJ

edit: i dont think his turn betsize is bad if he has JJ or KJ. i mean, its 3b pot, stack/pot ratio is good enough. he can easily shove rivers. i would also bet small my monsters here. protecting is not an issue. its 3b pot, pot is already huge
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by TwiceT

edit: i dont think his turn betsize is bad if he has JJ or KJ. i mean, its 3b pot, stack/pot ratio is good enough. he can easily shove rivers. i would also bet small my monsters here. protecting is not an issue. its 3b pot, pot is already huge
      Yeah ... I believe that more higher thinking players could bet turn small and 3/4 pot shove river ... as a line that "bets small on the turn to see whether I just cbet with air and then give up or do I have smth to call with" ... and when I call the turn, then he shoves river big for value coz it looks a little bit more bluffy and get called ...

but @NL50, 95% of the player pool is never thinking on that level ...
      So this still weighs a bit more towards bluffs than value ...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      at least ftp nl 50 regulars would float you on the flop quite often and then bet turn if you check to them and then would sometimes shove river.
      QTs is their range, as also AQ, AT, AJ, KJs and A high flushdraws. I´d likely also c/c turn and c/c river, to let him shove with his floats and good thing is that he would likely not shove KQ, so you should see more often two pair+ hands or floats