[NL2-NL10] NL4 SB 53s

• Jeffers16
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5:diamond: , 3:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.04, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.12) A:diamond: , 5:heart: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.40, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.28.

Turn: ($0.92) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.6, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $1.52

Flop: Often I lead into these kind of pots, but just felt that if I lead into 2 people it looks so strong and many hands will just fold. I hoped that someone would bet and I could c/r, a bet I think is likely an A so will call a raise I think.

Turn: If he has an A I didn't want him checking behind so I bet for value here again.

Is this ok as a variation to just betting out on the flop? Or would that still be the best play?

• 1 reply
    • funktor
      Hi Jeffers16!

Preflop: With only 1 limper I still believe that you can find fold with 53s as it is quite low 1 gapper.

Flop: I would rather donk flop close to POT ($0.1-$0.12). Bottom two pair is pretty vulnerable hand. Big blind holds any 2 random garbage so you would like to have him out of hand (1 less player to worry about). Without any read, MP2 might have some Ax hands, SC, suited gappers, etc.

Ax will not find fold and will call you probably 2 streets, all other hands that missed will probably fold. If I got raised on flop I would just call and lead turn again and fold to raise there.

Turn: As played bet size is fine.

In general I tend to in such spots lead as well with strong MP, flush draw (in to people) so doing it with 2 pair is nice mixing up.