This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR calling with AQo

• SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      This is another play I do not normally do, but BB was 50/40/infinite and MP3 vas 36/23/2.4 with ATS 58, so decided to join the fun :f_biggrin: . I did not bet on the river, because there was hardly anything he would have called I could still beat and there was a great chance of reraise.

Btw, if that would be AQs or AJs should I still fold in this case pf?

please evaluate:

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      9 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      MP1 ($7.34)
      MP2 ($9.92)
      MP3 ($27.06)
      CO ($10)
      Hero ($16.25)
      SB ($4.05)
      BB ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is BTN A:diamond: Q:heart:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30, 1 fold, BB raises to $1, MP3 calls $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: A:heart: 4:diamond: J:heart: ($3.15, 3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $2, MP3 calls $2

Turn: 8:spade: ($7.15, 3 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $3.52, MP3 calls $3.52

River: 7:club: ($14.19, 3 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: $13.16
      MP3 shows
      5:heart: 9:heart:
      Hero shows
      A:diamond: Q:heart:
      BB shows
      Q:club: J:club:

Hero wins $13.16 (net +$6.64)

MP3 lost $6.52
      BB lost $1
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SilverSag,

Preflop: Of course it's doable and if you think wont have leaks in your postflop with such hand. But the other question is how do we play it postflop? Take a look into your stack and the opponents one, we both are kinda deep and we can easily put ourself into difficult spots and do a lot of mistakes. Therefore I'd rather fold to the 3bet. AQ ain't very good for multiway pot.

As played
      Flop: Postflop seems to be fine, although you could bet a bit bigger like $4 or something similar, otherwise seems to be fine. Depending on the opponents WTS and W$SD I decide either to Bet the river or on but likely it's better not to if he is more kinda passive postflop.

Best regards.