[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 A6 against passive opponent

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $11.73
      BB:
      $7.48
      Hero:
      $9.50

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6:club: , A:spade:
      6 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.30) K:club: , A:diamond: , 5:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB folds, CO calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.70) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40.

River: ($1.50) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.50

I think I´m still ahead on the turn. Should maybe bet smt like 50 cents. On the river really can´t beat anything. If safe card had come i would bet/fold river.
  • 6 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      fold preflop, a6 is the worse acehand. It is too useless to play imo.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I thought about it, but I´ve taken down a lot limped pots with A on the board against 2-3 players. I would definitely call if A6 is suited, but with A6o is really just lay down.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      I thought about it, but I´ve taken down a lot limped pots with A on the board against 2-3 players.

yeh, but you don't need an ace for that:p, better call sometin that can hit a monster. A4>A6
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Completing A6 is not wrong - as is folding. I think its marginal and I'd play it depending on my postflop skill and the skill of my opponents. As played, I think I'd make a small blockbet on the river. The T will raise, another A will call.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      Completing A6 is not wrong - as is folding. I think its marginal and I'd play it depending on my postflop skill and the skill of my opponents. As played, I think I'd make a small blockbet on the river. The T will raise, another A will call.
      According to SHC, A6o is not a playable hand from any position, so why play it? And from SB you´ll be OOP post flop
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Well, the SHC is not the whole truth... I play these kinds of hands, because I think I can play them +EV. However, as said, this requires some postflop skills, e.g., you need to control the pot size when hitting an A for example and you also need to take down pots when you don't hit, e.g. by bluffing in good spots. For a beginner, I think a fold is the easier option, but I would not agree that the hand is not profitable in genereal in such a situation (if there's a raise, I'd fold without thinking twice...).