BTN ($20.36)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) 6:diamond: 8:heart: K:diamond:

Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

TURN ($3.75) 6:diamond: 8:heart: K:diamond: T:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $2.30, Hero calls $2.30

RIVER ($8.35) 6:diamond: 8:heart: K:diamond: T:club: J:heart:

Hero bets $5.90 (AI), CO calls $5.16 (AI)

vpip: 18, pfr: 10, af: 1.3, 77 hands

being oop turn call is marginal?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nktns,

Nah not really marginal but of course holds a lot more variance in it. We are getting pretty decent implied odds and likely he also is Calling our shove on river according his play. Nice hand, although when he had WTS kinda very smallish then I sometimes even prefer just to fold it on turn but overall, it should be doable against any opponent. And definitely we have to shove ourself and not let him Bet.

Best regards.
    • ockerdoc
      ockerdoc
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz, can you go through how you would work out your odds on the turn, or tell me if i'm thinking along the right lines here. If you believe villain has AK then you have 9 diamonds as clean outs + your four Jacks so 13 clean outs so you only need 2.5 to 1 on a call. Therefore you are getting the right odds to call the turn bet yes? Obviously villain might have a set so you have to discount the 10 and 8 of diamonds so say a better value would be about 11 outs in which you need 3.5:1 for a call. But then with implied odds you need the pot to be £8.05 so you have to think you can win an extra £2.00 on the river to make the call profitable. Is this correct?

Thanx mate
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ockerdoc
      Hi Veriz, can you go through how you would work out your odds on the turn, or tell me if i'm thinking along the right lines here. If you believe villain has AK then you have 9 diamonds as clean outs + your four Jacks so 13 clean outs so you only need 2.5 to 1 on a call. Therefore you are getting the right odds to call the turn bet yes? Obviously villain might have a set so you have to discount the 10 and 8 of diamonds so say a better value would be about 11 outs in which you need 3.5:1 for a call. But then with implied odds you need the pot to be £8.05 so you have to think you can win an extra £2.00 on the river to make the call profitable. Is this correct?

Thanx mate
      If we take it this way as you take it and 13 clean outs and 11 outs and conclusion is that we need $2, then yes the calculations are correct. But overall you are wrong about the outs, you have 12 outs, since one J is also diamond. Therefore overall you have 12 outs but if we discount T & 8, we get 10 outs and for that we also need $2, since it's almost the same odds.
    • ockerdoc
      ockerdoc
      Bronze
      Of course yes thanx mate at least i'm getting there anyway

Cheers