My first live poker experience

• sviniata
      sviniata
      Bronze
      Hello there,
      I played live poker for the first time yesterday.
      I liked my play sat down with 20$ and after 11 hours I had 250$ at 0.25/0.50
      and 0.50/1 after.
      After 11 hours I was considering to stand up and I found myself on AA.
      I raised the blinds, someone called, next guy (AA) reraised, I smooth-called to get the next guy in the hand. He called (with 65 off).
      Flop came J 7 4. Everyone moved allin, the river came 3. And the big stack (about 350$) took our money.

Although I played well I consider quitting poker, because I see that not only poker sites are rigged. My life is rigged !!

Just needed to share. 10x
  • 13 replies
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, your life is really riged, because AA wins 99,99% of the hands (in 0,001% of the hands AA is accidentaly folded), also the best way to play AA is to smooth call a 3-bet, and this bankroll management thing is for pussies, so no need to use that.
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      thats poker mate.
      my first time live i was the biggest donk ever but managed to treble my stack in an hour then run away with the money :)
    • theguy
      theguy
      Bronze
      this must be a joke :D
      nice experience ;)
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      lol there is some luck in poker obv
    • sviniata
      sviniata
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      lol there is some luck in poker obv

the most of it is luck. skill is up to somewhere. to climb up you need a lot of luck
    • krisclarky
      krisclarky
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Yeah, your life is really riged, because AA wins 99,99% of the hands (in 0,001% of the hands AA is accidentaly folded), also the best way to play AA is to smooth call a 3-bet, and this bankroll management thing is for pussies, so no need to use that.
      ace do not have that good of a chance.

everyone say AA is the best starting hand witch is true but the winning rate is really about about 68%

the guy with 56 was stupid to call but i don't know how much u raised or if he was even on the blinds, but his cards were still live, instead of a call there i would have raised again personaly as u wanna push out another player and hoped for heads up.

again cos i don't know the bets maded if the other 2 pushed all in before u there is high chance somone hit trips or 2 pair, have AA after a flop with 2 people all in does not mean you have to call alot of people get cought up in them.

but unlucky on that beat and contratz on a succeful first time since u made a good profit and it should have been a great learning exsperience
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      You haven't understood anything of the first post at all? He didn't win anything because he lost all with AA.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by krisclarky

I was sarcastic about that. And by the way we don't know about the size of preflop raises. Maybe it was two min-raises in order to "disguise" a monster, then the guy with 65o might expect huge payoff if his suspicions about other 2 guys holding monsters are correct. And on the flop I'd say it is justifiable to shove in a 3-way pot with a well disguised (I mean it's a huge possibility that you still have 8 clean outs) open ended straight draw. So no super-donkament here IMHO.
      And I agree with you about playing AA, the fact that you have Aces in your pocket doesn't mean that you must go on a blind rage postflop.
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas

everyone say AA is the best starting hand witch is true but the winning rate is really about about 68%

the guy with 56 was stupid to call but i don't know how much u raised or if he was even on the blinds, but his cards were still live, instead of a call there i would have raised again personaly as u wanna push out another player and hoped for heads up.

again cos i don't know the bets maded if the other 2 pushed all in before u there is high chance somone hit trips or 2 pair, have AA after a flop with 2 people all in does not mean you have to call alot of people get cought up in them.

but unlucky on that beat and contratz on a succeful first time since u made a good profit and it should have been a great learning exsperience
      I expect you understood that Bliausmas used irony and sarcasm in his post :)
    • krisclarky
      krisclarky
      Bronze
      yes koosmaras i know he was, but the person who asked the question was somone with the same status as me.

iv noticed some people on basic are close to pure begininers and from previous exsperience iv noticed they do not know these things and will think they are the correct odds.

but i was just stating my veiw on the subject
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      You had a pair of aces, he had a straight. Straight beats one pair. What's the problem? :f_cool:
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      yes koosmaras i know he was, but the person who asked the question was somone with the same status as me.
      iv noticed some people on basic are close to pure begininers and from previous exsperience iv noticed they do not know these things and will think they are the correct odds.
      but i was just stating my veiw on the subject
      Status basically means nothing. I am gold, but I am faaaaar away from NL50, not to mention NL100 :) If a person is playing NL50/NL100 he shouldn't be whining anymore about bad beats and rigged life when losing a buy-in. Well, on the other hand, that's where the money for good players come from :f_biggrin:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      OP reminded me of this vid for some reason:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiPV5GQVTt8