[NL2-NL10] NL100 SH 3 barreling

• armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Sorry for posting here, havent played internet poker in ages so only bronze here

villain seems to be standart tag, no particular reads
      my stats were a bit tightish 15/15 at that moment

Poker Stars $100.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      Hand History Converter

MP: $114.15 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 20, 3B: 13, AF: 1.0, Hands: 41
      CO: $100.00 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 15, 3B: 13, AF: Infinity, Hands: 41
      BTN: $136.10 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 5.0, Hands: 39
      SB: $16.30 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 5, 3B: 0, AF: 4.0, Hands: 41
      BB: $198.90 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 29, 3B: 10, AF: Infinity, Hands: 41
      Hero (UTG): $195.80

I had folded a lot lately and decided to move out with 76o here to not get the nit image :f_biggrin: Ovb this is a fold here but ..

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is UTG with 7 :club: 6 :diamond:
      Hero raises to $3, MP calls $3, 4 folds

Flop: ($7.50) K :club: T :spade: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, MP calls $4.50

Turn: ($16.50) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.00, MP calls $10

Looking at his stats and the way he played it i guess he has pp here very often, i dont think 22/20 has many Kx hands there right? O rwas he going for some strange river float? ?(

River: ($36.50) 4 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $21.00

The is at least not bad card to fire the 3rd here?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello armo,

Preflop: As you said your own, 76 is just too bad to play such hand from UTG. I don't like it at all, not many good reasons to do that, even the reason to widen up your range ain't good enough for that. I am just pretty sure you don't play profitable such hands from UTG. Also

As played
      Postflop: And why do you think that 22/20 only has PPs in this range? He could easily have there AK or whatsoever as well. Doesn't mean that he always is going to Call with PPs when he has such stats. Therefore I'd rather just give it up on turn, unless you give me more stats like he is often Calling the flop CBet and then folding to turn CBet or some good reason, without it just give it up on turn. As played river ain't a reason to go for a 3rd barrel, he ain't believe you anyways that you caught the flush when he has there a Kx or whatsoever, therefore Check/Fold.

Best regards.
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Hi veriz,
      thx for review

since he is 22/20 he is calling very little, mostly just raising or folding therefore i can assume that Kx hands he will either raise or fold, am wrong on this? And i assume he is probably calling with small pp (13% 3bet on small hand sample but still he is not afraid to 3bet)

Originally posted by veriz

Postflop: And why do you think that 22/20 only has PPs in this range? He could easily have there AK or whatsoever as well.
      Also after he calls turn I can(?) make assumption that he does not have set or AK type hand since they will most likely raise as board now has possible fd and sd.

Feel free to correct if my reasoning is wrong :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by armo
      Hi veriz,
      thx for review

since he is 22/20 he is calling very little, mostly just raising or folding therefore i can assume that Kx hands he will either raise or fold, am wrong on this? And i assume he is probably calling with small pp (13% 3bet on small hand sample but still he is not afraid to 3bet)

Originally posted by veriz

Postflop: And why do you think that 22/20 only has PPs in this range? He could easily have there AK or whatsoever as well.
      Also after he calls turn I can(?) make assumption that he does not have set or AK type hand since they will most likely raise as board now has possible fd and sd.

Feel free to correct if my reasoning is wrong :)
      Nah, there are a lot of players which I have seen playing very passively their TPs and often time I might even say it's the case in such situation. The backdoor FD ain't that likely anyways you to have. Passive guys tend to raise more likely with hands like sets and etc and even with them they sometimes just prefer to slowplay till river and let you bet out. Also a lot stats would help here, for example his AF, WTS, W$SD, fold to CBet flop & turn and such stats.
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      ok thanks