UTG+1 ($51)
      CO ($20)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1, fold, Hero raises to $3, BTN calls $2

FLOP ($6.25) 6:club: 9:club: A:spade:

Hero bets $3.10, BTN raises to $9, Hero raises to $18, BTN calls $9

TURN ($42.25) 6:club: 9:club: A:spade: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $34.35 (AI), BTN calls $29 (AI)

RIVER ($100) 6:club: 9:club: A:spade: 5:diamond: 8:diamond:

villain 23/19/3 wts 22, steal bu 48%, fold v3b 71%, 650hs.
      any thoughts?

thanks
  • 6 replies
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Hi Tim64 :)

Wouldn't it be better to 3bet little more pre flop? Did you 3bet often recently? What is his flop AF?
      Strange that he is not going broke on flop I probably would think that he is semi bluffing his draw and trying to hit it on turn. Or he is slowplaying 99? Worse ace probably wouldn't raise flop
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Wouldn't it be better to 3bet little more pre flop? Did you 3bet often recently? What is his flop AF?

Yes.
      No.

Thanks for your thoughts :)
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      He folds to a lot of 3bets - so I think we can discount 66/A6/A9
      87 of :club: should go broke on the flop, so I guess he can have 87s of other suits and played it that way since he's aggro on the flop and now hit on the turn. AK is also in his range definitely and unless he has some dynamic/history going with you, he wouldn't/shouldn't be going broke with AJ here.

In general though I think he has aggro flop stats coz he has a pretty solid range overall when it comes to stats like 23/19/71% fv3b and since ppl often play their draws aggro on the flop @NL50, esp in this situation, means that he will be extra aggro on flops with the made hands that his strong range consists of.

So going broke with TP2K seems overplayed vs this opp.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Nice analysis, Static, thanks.
      In preference, what line do you think is best?

C/c turn.

On the flop, do you like the 3b and if so, to what size? If not, whats better?

thanks
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Nice analysis, Static, thanks.
      In preference, what line do you think is best?

C/c turn.

On the flop, do you like the 3b and if so, to what size? If not, whats better?

thanks
      First of all, I would start from the betsizing preflop ...
      My personal strategy is to open any hand from any position with a minraise ...
      Want to know why?

Because:
      1) When I minr, people usually don't know how to adjust to it so they either just call and even play their monsters very cautiously postflop coz my minopen seems suspicious to them ... which is cool :f_biggrin:
      2) The other thing about them not knowing how to adjust is the betsizing - you need to 3bet vs a minopen just like you would 3bet vs a 3x open, because when they mino, and you 3x it, they get the odds to call with anything basically and play it post flop & in position ;)
      Or think of it this way - if he opened 3x, it'd be the same as you min3betting him, so make it AT LEAST $4 pre to give him shittier odds and negate the power of position more.
      3) People @NL50 like the "preflop wars" but this is not where our biggest edge is - our biggest edge is postflop coz preflop play is easier to master

So, that's that ...

Post flop - I would want to see not only his AF, but his agression frequency on various streets to come up with the best plan/line to take.

Though yeah, I wouldn't 3bet this on the flop ... most likely b/c and then c/c turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you can make it 3.5$, although 3$ is also fine pf
      Usually people do not attack Axx boards, unless they have very strong draws or made hands. I would also likely b/c flop and then evaluate on the turn. pot isn´t too big that I should 3-bet flop and play for stacks and I´d rather see first safe card and then put all the money all-in. Also b/c is good to balance if you have there TT-KK