This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 AK trips

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+1:
      $10.06
      Hero:
      $13.55

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:heart: , A:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 7 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) J:diamond: , K:diamond: , K:club: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.80, UTG+1 raises to $1.60, Hero calls $0.80.

Turn: ($4.35) 9:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $3, UTG+1 raises to $7.96 (All-In), Hero calls $4.96.

River: ($20.27) 3:heart:

Final Pot: $20.27

Had a weird feeling that I was already behind on the flop, only I coudn´t believe that he limp/calls in KJ or JJ. His aggressor factor is quite high, so he would raised pre-flop with JJ. Would you believe on that place your instincts or get stacked? And I could already thought that maybe he was holding QT and now checked with his straight when I bet out the turn:)

It is very hard to check behind on the turn and then call only the river bet unimproved. Not sure it is even +ev, but you should trust your instincts.
      And full house is being played imo different than trips with good kicker. Getting stacked is the most reasonable thing to do here:P
  • 2 replies