UTG ($2.06)
      UTG+1 ($3.84)
      UTG+2 ($2.42)
      MP1 ($2)
      MP2 ($5.41)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($2.19)

Dealt to Hero 8:diamond: 8:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.05, fold

FLOP ($0.14) 8:heart: J:spade: 2:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.14, Hero raises to $0.34, BTN folds

Nice and safe flop for me and also villain's 3bet was 80%. It was good board for him to 3bet. However I think I made a mistake by raising his Cbet. It would have been better to call here and expect to see ace, king or queen on the turn and get a lot of value. Since his VPIP/PFR 11/8 I expect him to have here something like ATo+, KJ+ maybe A9s+. And like you said in your last coaching stealing is rare in NL2 so it's probably not a steal.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello koosMaras,

Hehe, good point. Seems that the coaching helps to our listeners. :) But that's true, on NL2 they rarely steal and the same goes for me, I don't steal in our coaching, I rather just play the value hands. Not worth to steal those small cents, while you know that those players are very loose to Call.

About the game, I actually don't mind the Check/Raise on flop for the given reason that we are trying to get his whole stack and therefore go for it. He wont pay us anyways much more on further streets if he doesn't hit. Better to start build up the pot rather than play passively. Nice hand!

Best regards.