[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR - OESD in unraised pot

• SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      First, I would like to thank Veriz for words of encouragement :f_grin: I do save serious problems somewhere, so I will just keep posting and embarrassing myself until I sort them out :f_biggrin: Be gentle :f_biggrin:

I decided to semi bluff, because if I would hit it would be anut straight and very difficult to spot and I could expect to be paid of nicely. But, since I have been losing in unraised pots, maybe I was thinking wrong.

I had only 23 hands on villain 13/9/inf and WTS 50. When villain reraised I put him on set or maybe, just maybe a flush draw. With any Q from UTG he would have raised, not limped. I still figured that odds are close to right and I was sure I could get him stacked (I definitely got that right :f_biggrin: ).

Please evaluate:

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      10 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($3.82)
      UTG+1 ($13.09)
      UTG+2 ($14.76)
      MP1 ($9.79)
      MP2 ($13.33)
      MP3 ($3.44)
      CO ($2.05)
      BTN ($2.85)
      SB ($9.90)
      Hero ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 10 players) Hero is BB 3:club: 6:club:
      UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls $0.10, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: 4:club: 5:heart: Q:heart: ($0.50, 5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, UTG raises to $1, 2 folds, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: 7:diamond: ($2.50, 2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1.25, Hero raises to $2.80, UTG goes all-in $1.47

River: 4:spade: ($8.02, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $7.50
      UTG shows
      5:spade: 5:diamond:
      Hero shows
      3:club: 6:club:

UTG wins $7.42 (net +$3.60)

Hero collects $0.08 (net -$3.82)
      UTG+2 lost $0.10
      MP2 lost $0.10
      SB lost $0.10

nice, isn't it? next one is even better... :s_evil:
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SilverSag,

You are welcome! I am glad to help you out. :)

About the game, I'd say I am not really big fan of betting the flop for the given reason that you will very often face a raise here because they will try to protect from any kind of draw if they do have a hand. Also I don't think that you have that much fold equity there. So therefore maybe just Check/Call if we get perfect odds, the bad thing in Calling is also that we are OOP and also have to discount the outs because of flushdraw being on board. Also you are against a very small stack, therefore is even closer, if we had bigger stacks in the hand with us, you could consider. But this time I think I'd rather fold it on flop for the given reason that we have to discount outs + we are OOP + he is shortstack. Otherwise I am getting it in on turn, nice catch.

Best regards.