Basic to Diamond in 3 weeks.. Journey to black!

• ahmadnouraldeen
      ahmadnouraldeen
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, I am from lebanon (Middle east). Got my 50$ starting capital from Pokerstrategy on the 30th of December. Today im Diamond. thats like 20 days in total time , however the days of action were 15 !.

I might describe myself as a gambler , i have a knack for the game. got along easily with the shorthanded NL tables. climbed up to a higher stake every other day. However tilting killed me two times so far.

On the first week i built up my bankroll from 50$ to 7.5K$ at one point. then tilting from an AA vs AJ hand i lost on the high limits got me to loose everything after it in 30 minutes. so i missed a couple of days and got my rakeback through pokerstrategy which was a handsome 450$ . again i built up my bankroll up to 2K$ in two days and the same thing happened again where i lost everything with one tilt session.

appearantly i need dozens of psychiatrists working on my tilting side. Anyway, i hope this thread results in cooling down and holding on to my winnings.

I made a couple of achievments in these 15 days of action tournament-wise. i participated twice in the sunday brawl. The first time i barely missed the money. However, the second time i finished 93rd cashing out 700$ plus 250$ knock out bounties. another achievment was finishing first in a 24$ buy in tourney with 170 entrants cashing out 1100$. BTW, i entered the second Sunday brawl from a 200FTP super sattelite, then qualified from the main satellit when i had on those 200FTB in my account.

Today i stand with zero bankroll:D and a diamond status. My Goal is starting tomorrow with whatever rakeback i get. TILT-FREE. induce some action on the tables. and with no tilting from now on i think i can be a black member same time next year. January, 20th 2012!

I will be updating my daily action, basically shorthanded NL tables, i will be starting with the stakes that suit the rakeback i get.
  • 33 replies
    • tiltpokernow
      tiltpokernow
      Bronze
      how do u get rakeback with pokerstrategy?
    • ahmadnouraldeen
      ahmadnouraldeen
      Bronze
      i think direct rakeback is limited to Fulltilt . if you have a tracked fulltilt account you get 27% rakeback every friday.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      what ihufa did in 2 years, you did in 3 weeks. i really admire you
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      :f_eek:
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Bronze

He spent 2 years to reach zero dollars bankroll? :D
    • ahmadnouraldeen
      ahmadnouraldeen
      Bronze
      thanks man:) ... i will be updating every single session on my blog starting tomorrow mainly to set my self some boundaries and limit my tilting side in my personality
    • ahmadnouraldeen
      ahmadnouraldeen
      Bronze
      whats the thing with ihufa? who is he?

Originally posted by Alleen86

He spent 2 years to reach zero dollars bankroll? :D
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by ahmadnouraldeen
      thanks man:) ... i will be updating every single session on my blog starting tomorrow mainly to set my self some boundaries and limit my tilting side in my personality
      the bankroll management side of it is far more important.
    • Daenerys
      Daenerys
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      Originally posted by ahmadnouraldeen
      the bankroll management side of it is far more important.
      I am not sure its possible to get from 50$ to 7500$ in first week following BRM no matter how good a player you are, although i have been wrong before :P
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Yeah im curious too as to what bankroll management you're using (if any).
    • Neo101k
      Neo101k
      Bronze
      "Today i stand with zero bankroll and a diamond status"

It's clear this is a case of poor (read here NO) BRM.

I'm curious: did you ever considered after reaching let's say 1000$ (set your own limit here) to withdraw half and continue gambling from there? Or you thought "If I made 7.5k I can make 1 Million and it will be easier with 7.5k than with 2k"?
    • ahmadnouraldeen
      ahmadnouraldeen
      Bronze
      i see lots of criticism. you are all right with the bankroll management thing. However what i achieved (and lost) was not all gambling. the "gambling" aspect of my game is playing according to the villain's range and my reads on him regardless of my hand. so yes im loose and very aggressive and some can call that gambling. and yes i have good knowledge of the basics and mathematics of the game, except that i dont i dont play according to the book i just make use of it when i spot a player who is doing so. anyway, now that i put my tilty reactions aside, you can judge day after day if im good enough or just a lucky bastard:P . Cheers,
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      you tilted your whole roll from losing AA v AJ?
      ok
    • ahmadnouraldeen
      ahmadnouraldeen
      Bronze
      i didnt really think that way, i just wanted to play , didnt think of withdrawing. but will definitely start thinking straight starting tomorrow. i know most of you think i will start again tomorrow and get broke right away since u believe it was one hell of a luck streak. well, i believe it was not.
      anyway , there is a local proverb here that says (sorry about the shitty translation) : " if a news costs a lot today, it will be free tomorrow"

Originally posted by Neo101k
      "Today i stand with zero bankroll and a diamond status"

It's clear this is a case of poor (read here NO) BRM.

I'm curious: did you ever considered after reaching let's say 1000$ (set your own limit here) to withdraw half and continue gambling from there? Or you thought "If I made 7.5k I can make 1 Million and it will be easier with 7.5k than with 2k"?
    • Tscek
      Tscek
      Bronze
      So you play, NL SH, correct? How many tables at a time? Do you have any graphs? They gotta be pretty epic, I guess.

BTW, Isildur1 is said to have turned 2k into 3 million in three weeks, I'd say 50 into 7.5k is quite comparable to that. (eventho it's more like 50 into 0 in your case, lol)

Anyway, pretty interesting.
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Hmmmm, you should of called this from diamond to bronze :s_ugly:

Good luck with it anyways, I will be interested to see your progress :s_thumbsup:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Oh cool, a degen. GL man, we need people like you out there. :)
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      You're good. I believe in you ;)
      Just remember, good playing skills are worthless if you have poor mindset skills. Becouse it doesn't matter how good you are and how well you can crush the tables, you will reach the ZERO point most of the time anyway becouse of no self-control and etc. And be smart, BRM is part of the game. You can't consider yourself as a good player if you fail at things like tilt and BRM. If you fail at that you are only fool who doesn't use his potential and can't control his emotions. Watch yourself and improve day by day.
      Good luck :)
    • ahmadnouraldeen
      ahmadnouraldeen
      Bronze
      Thanks man, hope the coming days proves im sticking to your advice, cheers!

Originally posted by utenosmelynas
      You're good. I believe in you ;)
      Just remember, good playing skills are worthless if you have poor mindset skills. Becouse it doesn't matter how good you are and how well you can crush the tables, you will reach the ZERO point most of the time anyway becouse of no self-control and etc. And be smart, BRM is part of the game. You can't consider yourself as a good player if you fail at things like tilt and BRM. If you fail at that you are only fool who doesn't use his potential and can't control his emotions. Watch yourself and improve day by day.
      Good luck :)