$90.75
      CO:
      $65.15
      BU:
      $17.50
      SB:
      $8.60

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, K.
      UTG1 raises to $1.75, Hero raises to $4.50, 7 folds, UTG1 calls $2.75.

Flop: ($9.75) A, 7, 7 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $6.00, Hero calls $6.00.

Turn: ($21.75) T (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($21.75) 7 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $14.50, Hero folds, UTG1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $21.75.

The opponent is an MTT&SNG regular that I have encountered previously in tournaments so I assume that he is not a bad player in cashgames as well. I put him on a tight range of AK, TT+ but I am wondering about him calling my reraise. Could mean he has AK or perhaps QQ? Anyway the flop is ugly, and he decides to donk, which confuses me. With what and why would he donk? I am still left guessing. Anyway, I have to play for pot control so I decide to call. On the turn it makes little sense to bet, so I check behind once again for pot control. On the river my opponent bets almost 2/3 pot size and I have no idea whether or not I can call. What could he expect me to fold that has him beat? What is strong enough to put so much more money in the pot and risk being reraised? Sadly I got disconnected and didn't have the chance to find out, but now I actually think I shouldn't call such a bet in a situation like this anyway. What do you think?
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      He may bet out with air to force fold all your hands expect top pair or he can do it for value smt like AQ/AK, although I´m not sure that he would b/c with AQ pf.
      You have option betting turn 5-6$ and then take your free showdown, since he may c/c turn with QQ/JJ and if he has there Ax you don´t have to worry about him betting river, since even if turn goes c/c I think you have to fold river, since players would not turn their made hands into bluffs enough times that you can call him down
      Bronze
      Without betting on the turn as you suggested, should I have called the river bet?
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Preflop: Just calling is an option. I tend to just call vs good reg with my entire range that i want to continue with (including AA) in these positions. Since u mentoined that he is a weak player i think 3b is fine. If u r going to 3b u gotta make it bigger. With that bet size u r giving him the odds to set mine considering your rediculusly strong percieved range. Make it atleast $5.5.
      Flop: I think u have to call once
      Turn: I like betting for free showdown (like Kaitz said) around $5. Obv b/f though
      River: His bet size looks alot like AJ-AQ and going for thin(ish) value so i think u can find a fold (as played)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Without betting on the turn as you suggested, should I have called the river bet?
      really hard to say. generally players would give and doesn´t valuebet river worse hands, so fold should be fine, but if you have reason to think he may turn smt into bluff, you can also call. I´d prefer folding