This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl 2 sh

• johny8984
      johny8984
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.98
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.24, BB folds, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.50) 9:heart: , 6:spade: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.38, Hero calls $0.38.

Turn: ($1.26) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.98, Hero raises to $1.38 (All-In), SB calls $0.40.

River: ($4.02) J:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.02

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qh Qs)
      SB shows two-pair, aces and nines (As Ac)

SB wins with two-pair, aces and nines (As Ac)

should i have given this hand up preflop, i just woundered about the pre flop play as villians 3bet stat was 8 thought that 8 is more than just value hands beating my qq
  • 1 reply
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi johny8984!

I like the hand way you play it.

Preflop: It would not be mistake get it in preflop, and 4-bet to $0.55. Flatting is fine, as gives you additional bet that you can extract from villain when he is bluffing or miss his flop with AK, A/K will not flop that often (but still approximately 30% of the time).

Flop: Because villain is very aggressive I would call flop and get it in on turn and let him bluff 2 streets with high cards.

You have quite nice sample size for villain. What is his 3-bet percentage? Have you seen him 3-be/ship it in with some odd hands or light? In such case I would prefer get it in preflop.

Regards

Funktor