[NL2-NL10] nl 2 ak sh

• johny8984
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , K:spade:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.06, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.24, CO calls $0.18, SB calls $0.18.

Flop: ($0.72) K:club: , T:club: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.44, CO folds, SB calls $0.44.

Turn: ($1.60) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.86 (All-In), SB calls $1.38 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($4.36) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.36

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows three-of-a-kind, tens (Ts Td)
      Hero shows (Ah Ks)

SB wins with three-of-a-kind, tens (Ts Td)

put villian on handrange of some flushdraws or worse kings than mine was i correct to go all in to protect my hand or get value from worse kings ?? should i have played this hand any diffrrently
  • 1 reply
    • funktor
      Hi johny8984!

This is very similar situation to the other hand you have posted. In both situation you had TPTK or big overpair in 3-bet pot and you are 100BB deep. You cannot find fold and you are happy to get your money in.

Preflop: You can raise even bit larger as you are out of position to CO, so you can even go for $0.26-0.3.

Flop: Your bet sizing is ok, as you comfortably put SB all-in on turn (question is not if, but how you put him all-in). Because FD is on board, you can bet slightly more (e.g. $0.5) and build pot bit bigger on flop and give villain better odds to call on turn ($1.3 to $1.8 POT).