This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl 2 ak sh

• johny8984
      johny8984
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.06
      Hero:
      $2.54
      CO:
      $6.64

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , K:spade:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.06, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.24, CO calls $0.18, SB calls $0.18.

Flop: ($0.72) K:club: , T:club: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.44, CO folds, SB calls $0.44.

Turn: ($1.60) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.86 (All-In), SB calls $1.38 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($4.36) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.36

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows three-of-a-kind, tens (Ts Td)
      Hero shows (Ah Ks)

SB wins with three-of-a-kind, tens (Ts Td)

put villian on handrange of some flushdraws or worse kings than mine was i correct to go all in to protect my hand or get value from worse kings ?? should i have played this hand any diffrrently
  • 1 reply
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi johny8984!

This is very similar situation to the other hand you have posted. In both situation you had TPTK or big overpair in 3-bet pot and you are 100BB deep. You cannot find fold and you are happy to get your money in.

Preflop: You can raise even bit larger as you are out of position to CO, so you can even go for $0.26-0.3.

Flop: Your bet sizing is ok, as you comfortably put SB all-in on turn (question is not if, but how you put him all-in). Because FD is on board, you can bet slightly more (e.g. $0.5) and build pot bit bigger on flop and give villain better odds to call on turn ($1.3 to $1.8 POT).

Regards

Funktor