... is 888 Poker

• Simonm72
      Simonm72
      Bronze
      Hello

Unbelievable !!!!

Is it standard for the industry to do this ????

I normally play on 888 Poker but when i see a good bonus on another site i go there for a while.

So ... offer £20 free if u deposit £20 so i thought i will give it a try.

When i have downloaded the software looks the same layout as 888 Poker but different colours and branding.

I try for my normal name Bada_Bing72 and the name is already taken- I'm like who else but me would use that name ?? By now im staring to get suspicious.

Anyway i create an account got to the 5-10c rooms and its all the names that play at 888 Poker !!!

I talk to an operator and she says no this is not 888 poker etc etc.

Its got all the same tournys, same jackpot amount etc and then i look in a Tournament i know im registered to with 888 Poker and there i am Bada_bing72 !!!

It's clearly the same site and players with different colours and branding.

Is this legal ?? Surely its false advertising ??

Thanks for listening and any responses appreciated.

Simon.
  • 8 replies
    • viol3ta
      viol3ta
      Bronze
      It's legal. It's just like a different client for the same network. If I can explain with an example, as you may know there are different browsers, Internet explorer, Mozilla firefox, Opera, Google chrome, they all connect to same web pages but use different interface.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Simonm72,

First off all welcome to our community!

I try to explain the situation:

888poker is part of the network Pacific Poker, which means that different operators uses the same software. All players of each room play versus each other. So if you sign up via 888poker you can see yourself also on a different room, which is in the same network. Just the design (colors, branding etc.) is different.

This is standard in the poker industry as many rooms would be to small to have their own network. So for example our partner rooms William Hill, bet365, Mansion Poker, Titan Poker, Betfred and Paddy Power Poker are part of the iPoker network. So there if you sign up at William Hill, you will also play versus player of bet365 and so on.

Please be aware that we do not allow discussion about non-partner poker rooms and thats the reason why I have edited the name of the other poker room. Thank you for your understanding.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • Simonm72
      Simonm72
      Bronze
      Ok thanks- i understand it just seems very strange.

I was hoping to get away from some of the players at 888 Poker but no chance it seems :)
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Why do you want to get away of the other players at 888poker?

Have you seen already our overview with all our partner poker rooms?
      The Best Bonuses in Online Poker

Cheers,
      Hannes
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      So, if you got an account on 888.com you can still play on [Another skin - Edited by EagleStar88]?
      After read this post I have tried to log in to [The other skin] with the some account details I am using for 888.com but it doesn't work.

I am sure I miss understood something here. Can you be so kind to explain please?

P.S. Sorry, as the [The other skin] is not an affiliate to strategy but because the problem is related to our affiliate 888.com I wonder if you can give just a clearify to this matter.
      TY :heart:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi kiromanAAKK,

If you already have an account on 888, yes you can still play on the other site (edited for same reason as stated above).

They are separate companies (sometimes referred to as skins) providing separate poker accounts & different user names but use the same network.

Please note however that you cannot enter the same tournaments or tables with both your both your 888 & the other account. This would be deemed as an attempt to gain an unfair advantage and severe penalties even a total ban can result.
      As long as you only log into one or other account at any one time, you should be fine.

Hope this helps & please try to refrain from mentioning the other skins, 888poker is our supported partner on the Pacific Poker network.

Many thanks & best regards,

Bart
    • Simonm72
      Simonm72
      Bronze
      Hello

They just use the same platform but u can only log onto 888 with ur 888 account.

Each account is unique to the site u registered with even if they use the same game layout etc.

Hope that makes sense.

I think the players are getting to know me on 888 Hannes so i wanted some fresh meat so to speak :)

Cheers.

Simon.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Simonm72

They just use the same platform but u can only log onto 888 with ur 888 account.

That's right, and vice versa. Thanks for the clarification Simon ;)

Best regards,

Bart