This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Do you 4-Bet AQo?

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Is AQo an hand good enough to play at a re-raise?
      As a learner, I don't feel that is a good hand to 4-Bet but I would like check out to be sure. Especially when villian look like: 9/4 (AGF 3.0) 3-Bet%=2.9 on 337 hands.
      But what if in the some situation villian is a random player?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.01)
      BB ($2.02)
      UTG ($2.74)
      Hero ($2.08)
      UTG+2 ($2.37)
      MP1 ($1.37)
      MP2 ($1.58)
      CO ($2.40)
      BTN ($0.76)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.06, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.32, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero?

The thing that I don't understand is why he raise that much? Can be that they were tired of my continue raise and steal?
      Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Easy fold for me here. Your AQo is dominated by his 3betting range. I'd put him on AK, JJ+ here.
      About 4bet: it's really not that hand with which you would like to do it. Let's imagine you're in almost the same situation against random player. I guess most of the time he would push when you 4bet and you must call because there will be to much money in the pot.
      Another situation: you 4bet and he calls. You get a board with an ace and have to play your AQ OOP. Calling 4bet - for me it's AK, QQ would push most of the time.

The thing that I don't understand is why he raise that much? Can be that they were tired of my continue raise and steal?
      NL2 isn't that limit where players stealing or re-stealing. Their 3bet often indicates strong hand, and it's for value.

In conclusion, no 4bet with AQ, I don't think it's even good to 3betting. For me it's usually raise when OOP and OP - calling when MP or CO raises.

:)
    • albionpro
      albionpro
      Bronze
      raise is ok
      his overbet id say is very strong espc as its nl2 and hes got tight stats. Id fold to the 3bet.
      I dont think a 4bet is viable as "koos" says because any 4bet you make is for 50% of your stack so you have alot invested in the pot if he flat calls. Also because his 3bet range is 2.9% you are not ahead of his range except 50/50 to JJ at best. Furthermore, what if you did 4bet to ~95c and then he sticks the rest in for $1.58, you've got to call then and your almost never ahead in that spot!
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Don't 4bet unless you can do it for value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kiromanAAKK,

Against such an opponent you have an easily fold unless you have some other arguments for that. Give it up, you are often against a lot stronger hand.

Best regards.