[NL2-NL10] Do you 4-Bet AQo?

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Is AQo an hand good enough to play at a re-raise?
      As a learner, I don't feel that is a good hand to 4-Bet but I would like check out to be sure. Especially when villian look like: 9/4 (AGF 3.0) 3-Bet%=2.9 on 337 hands.
      But what if in the some situation villian is a random player?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.01)
      BB ($2.02)
      UTG ($2.74)
      Hero ($2.08)
      UTG+2 ($2.37)
      MP1 ($1.37)
      MP2 ($1.58)
      CO ($2.40)
      BTN ($0.76)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.06, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.32, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero?

The thing that I don't understand is why he raise that much? Can be that they were tired of my continue raise and steal?
      Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Easy fold for me here. Your AQo is dominated by his 3betting range. I'd put him on AK, JJ+ here.
      About 4bet: it's really not that hand with which you would like to do it. Let's imagine you're in almost the same situation against random player. I guess most of the time he would push when you 4bet and you must call because there will be to much money in the pot.
      Another situation: you 4bet and he calls. You get a board with an ace and have to play your AQ OOP. Calling 4bet - for me it's AK, QQ would push most of the time.

The thing that I don't understand is why he raise that much? Can be that they were tired of my continue raise and steal?
      NL2 isn't that limit where players stealing or re-stealing. Their 3bet often indicates strong hand, and it's for value.

In conclusion, no 4bet with AQ, I don't think it's even good to 3betting. For me it's usually raise when OOP and OP - calling when MP or CO raises.

:)
    • albionpro
      albionpro
      Bronze
      raise is ok
      his overbet id say is very strong espc as its nl2 and hes got tight stats. Id fold to the 3bet.
      I dont think a 4bet is viable as "koos" says because any 4bet you make is for 50% of your stack so you have alot invested in the pot if he flat calls. Also because his 3bet range is 2.9% you are not ahead of his range except 50/50 to JJ at best. Furthermore, what if you did 4bet to ~95c and then he sticks the rest in for $1.58, you've got to call then and your almost never ahead in that spot!
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Don't 4bet unless you can do it for value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kiromanAAKK,

Against such an opponent you have an easily fold unless you have some other arguments for that. Give it up, you are often against a lot stronger hand.

Best regards.