Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $7
      Hero:
      $10,16

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:heart: , 5:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, SB folds, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,65) 5:spade: , 5:diamond: , 4:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,5, Hero calls $0,50.

Turn: ($1,65) 3:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,2, BB raises to $2,40, Hero ???
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ragney,

Preflop: Fold it preflop when such loose players are on blinds. Look at their BBvsSteal.

As played
      Postflop: I'd just raise it on flop, otherwise kinda close, although I might even consider rather just Bet/Fold, since a lot of hands beat us now, any kind of straight, also a lot of 5x also beats us. Unless I have some good reason to continue there, then I wont. We will have an ugly spot on river when it wont improve for us and might even make the mistake to Call with just trips. Just curious how did it end?

Best regards.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Indeed I forgot to check his blind defense stats, I usually try to get nits/tags at the left of me.

Result:

Turn: ($1,65) 3:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,2, BB raises to $2,40, Hero calls $1,20.

-- My plan was to fold vs a shove on the river after this call. Or call vs a small bet. But the river made the choice easier.

River: ($6,45) 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $2, Hero raises to $6,00, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $10,45
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      But overall, yes it should be doable against such an aggressor, didn't see that earlier. :) Just took him more kinda unknown. He might easily take the min-raise there as a bluff. But as you see that he is still capable of bluffing even on river. We would face an ugly spot when he decided to shove there.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Wat if the river was something else? Call down his bet?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ragney
      Wat if the river was something else? Call down his bet?
      Depends what else, but yeah, likely Call should be doable. Since he might as well make such a bet there with just some PP or even A high.