When I am after few beers I want to play poker

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Damn what to do :) Always after drinking I want to play. And I feel I am quite sober, but not sober enough still. I sometimes used to play poker after few beers, and I didn't make huge mistakes, until some difficult spot comes. But the problem is still that brain works slower and its not enough time to think what to do in difficult situations. Once I did 4bet with JJ against guy who 3bets 16, but has only ~30 hands, so the 3bet value does not say much. I just forget to think about hand count and I was thinking I am ahead of his range so I 4bet/push. And yeah, I lost against KK. And right after that hand I noticed that I made a mistake, just didn't know what to do when clock was ticking. Thats probably because my brain worked slower. And even worse that I was at then new limit for me - NL25. Ussually I play NL10.

At the moment I am also after 2 beers but not sitting at the table. I think I should better watch some video if I want something with poker so much.

Have you similar experience? :)
  • 16 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      in before trolls...
    • Iliaens
      Iliaens
      Bronze
      Get used to drinking :p
    • poorplayer1
      poorplayer1
      Bronze
      Two beers , if your affected so much from that little booze i suggest you give it up :P
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      2 beers im irish so it would take 20 "beers" for me ha
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      IDK bout you but I want to pee/vandalize/chase pink tacos
    • Raykoid666
      Raykoid666
      Bronze
      Originally posted by joecar
      IDK bout you but I want to pee/vandalize/chase pink tacos
      +1
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      drink more, you can't play poker if you have a blackout.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      are you sure about that ? one night i was really knocked out and the next day i saw about 5BI less in my account...and i dont think i got hacked :D
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      are you sure about that ? one night i was really knocked out and the next day i saw about 5BI less in my account...and i dont think i got hacked :D
      yes, I mean when you are so drunk you can't even read stuff how are you going to log in? unless you have remember password activated or a really easy password , both of them are not good.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      +1

Next time drink three beers!
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      yes, I mean when you are so drunk you can't even read stuff how are you going to log in? unless you have remember password activated or a really easy password , both of them are not good.
      well im so addicted to poker that i dream of it, so its not impossible that i play when i sleep if im sleepwalking for example (i dont for many years tho). so wasted and playing is possible..i mean wasted = no memory of it. but ye generally, get fucking wasted, usually when u see tripple its the point when you cant login to poker anymore...with double its easy, coz u just close one of ur eyes and u see good :D
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Damn what to do :) Always after drinking I want to play. And I feel I am quite sober, but not sober enough still. I sometimes used to play poker after few beers, and I didn't make huge mistakes, until some difficult spot comes. But the problem is still that brain works slower and its not enough time to think what to do in difficult situations. Once I did 4bet with JJ against guy who 3bets 16, but has only ~30 hands, so the 3bet value does not say much. I just forget to think about hand count and I was thinking I am ahead of his range so I 4bet/push. And yeah, I lost against KK. And right after that hand I noticed that I made a mistake, just didn't know what to do when clock was ticking. Thats probably because my brain worked slower. And even worse that I was at then new limit for me - NL25. Ussually I play NL10.

At the moment I am also after 2 beers but not sitting at the table. I think I should better watch some video if I want something with poker so much.

Have you similar experience? :)
      I play 12 cent games on titan when I have had any beer at all!!! :-)
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Yeah, if you play cash and REALLY want to play, play NL2. You can't lose TOO much there.

And if you end up losing your bankroll on NL2 with 500+ in your account...I am impressed at the amount you drink. (I assume you have 500 if you're playing NL25)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Yeah, if you play cash and REALLY want to play, play NL2. You can't lose TOO much there.

I would not want to play NL2, no fun, better do something else :) I now started controling myself, until now never played even after little drinking.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Funny how people brag about how much they can drink.. So you have to spend 5 times more on booze to get drunk then i do? that must suck bad for you :D

Basicaly.. stop being such an alcoholic and don't play when you've drunk any alcohol.
    • aleXXa19
      aleXXa19
      Bronze
      last time i was drunk, i played DON won 2 out of 3 in my limit... in that tournament you have fun then and its not so stupid to push any2 all in usually...

cashgame is much harder as the $$$ run in only a few hands and then you have no edge with too much beers