Rush Poker

• ClimaxingWalrus
      ClimaxingWalrus
      Bronze
      Today I decided to move some of my stars bankroll to full tilt mainly because I wanted to try rush poker. Just played like 100 hands of NL10 and I'm really disappointed, it was basically an all-in/fold fest. Is it usually like this or is it actually fun to play sometimes?
  • 15 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      lol
      no $ in rush, everyone's solid
    • SaynotoKlaus
      SaynotoKlaus
      Bronze
      Play standard tight poker . Most players play tight too , and pick good hands.
      Don't try to bluff if you don't hit anything on the flop , just fold. Value bet when you have best hand , and if you get lucky people will pay you.
    • ClimaxingWalrus
      ClimaxingWalrus
      Bronze
      I think i'll just stick to regular ring games/hu lol

Originally posted by SaynotoKlaus
      Don't try to bluff if you don't hit anything on the flop , just fold. Value bet when you have best hand , and if you get lucky people will pay you.
      I don't have to worry about bluffing when I can't even see a flop lol
    • ClimaxingWalrus
      ClimaxingWalrus
      Bronze
      I think i'll just stick to regular ring games/hu

Originally posted by SaynotoKlaus
      I don't have to worry about bluffing when I can't even see a flop lol
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Until heads up rush is started by FT I'm not going to play rush. Because there's no money, everyone's
      a nit.

Maybe.
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Rush is for people who has small
      monitors.
    • nightshades
      nightshades
      Basic
      First of all you played only 100 hands, which is approximately 10 minutes of Rush poker.

Rush poker is not an all-in/fold fest like you said. Maybe it happened often during the few minutes you played, but it's not usually like that at all.

Playing tight on rush poker cash games is not a good strategy at all.
      What are you suppose to do when a table is tight ? Loose it up and that's exactly what you should do on Rush Poker.

Yeah, most of people are nit and that's exactly why you can push them around easily.

First of all, don't play Rush Poker without PokerTracker, this is your only way to keep track of players. Usually they will have a VP of 15% or less. Your PR should be over that number.

For example, in a 2,000 Hands Rush Poker session NL10, I had a VP$IP of 29 % (higher than any other ring game) and a PFR of 20 %. Which mean I raised 1 hand out of 5. I stole the blinds 160 times (8% of total hands) for a net profit of $24.
      I will even re-raise preflop with marginal hands and position, representing Aces or Kings and 1/3 the original raiser just going to lay it down. When they actually call, I'll bet at the pot and most of the time I'll win it. If I get action, I'll simply lay down the hand and prepare my next attack.

After a PreFlop Raise, I'll lead at the flop most of the time. As a result, I win 31 % of my flops. This is 74 hands won on the flop for an average of $44 of net profit.

Of course sometimes I will fall into traps, get re-raised or end up with the worst hand at showdown. But I steal so much pots preflop and on the flop that I still end up in profit. But sometimes, I will end up winning big pots with unexpected hands.

Example hand : I have Q7 on the button, UTG+1 Raise to 0.30, UTG+3 Call, I re-raise to 1.00, Everyone else fold, UTG+1 Fold, UTG+3 Call. The flop comes Q73. UTG+3 check, I bet $1, UTG+3 reraise to $3. I call. I put him on AQ
      The turn is a blank, UTG+3 bet $4, I call. River is a K, UTG+3 check, I check. UTG+3 show AQ. I win $16.45 pot. Notice that even if I knew I had the best hand on the flop, I still played it lowball. The reason is that I don't want to commit too much money in the pot in case he outdraw me. If he make a big bet on the river with the K, most likely I would lay down the hand.

Now it's easy to put your opponent on hands, they always play the same things. AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AK,AQ. I saw an opponent with a VP$IP of 1% after 200 hands. I figure he will only play those very premium hands, nothing less.

Nobody know you are super loose and aggressive and that's exactly why this style is the best. They will all think you are tight like the others losers out there.

I have an average of 8 BB/100 playing Rush poker with this technique.

Playing the same tight game as everyone else is the WORST Rush Poker strategy.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      I decided to try heads up SNG's. At the very second hand I got KK and ended up being all-in preflop against my opponents AQ. And he spiked his A on the turn. Do your Kings lose to AQ in every SNG you play? Maybe the situation would be different if it would be not second, but fifth hand of the SNG? Or maybe the outcome depends on the suite of your Kings?

C'mon people, playing 100 hands and then making conclusions is similar to making them from play money games. 100 hands in Rush is nothing. Play at least several thousand before making any conclusions.

And what do you guys mean by saying Rush is a nit game? I play 6max, and I can guarantee you it isn't a nit game. Unless you were talking about full ring, but regular full ring is also a nit game as far as I know, so nothing special about Rush :)
    • apache47
      apache47
      Basic
      I like it alot because you get inside his head and go through all the thought process and understand why and when to make certain plays.
    • KansasCT
      KansasCT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nightshades
      First of all you played only 100 hands, which is approximately 10 minutes of Rush poker.

Rush poker is not an all-in/fold fest like you said. Maybe it happened often during the few minutes you played, but it's not usually like that at all.

Playing tight on rush poker cash games is not a good strategy at all.
      What are you suppose to do when a table is tight ? Loose it up and that's exactly what you should do on Rush Poker.
      problem is, players are getting more and more loose, just because they are starting to think more and more like you. and what does this mean? a raise-reraise fest with rags. the most aggressive player wins.
    • GGerila
      GGerila
      Bronze
      Nightshades I've recently started to play rush poker, I've requested you as a friend so I can send you a private message. I have a few questions for you since you are an experienced rush poker player.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Be careful with super aggro 29/20 experts :D
    • GGerila
      GGerila
      Bronze
      Hehe, well from the 300.000 hands of poker hands i've played so far I noticed there are 2 ways you can learn, either by experiencing it yourself or by learning it from someone who has experience with it. I've mostly done the grinding way to learn by myself stuff so far but I've recently started to invest more time in studying and talking with more experienced players in different game types.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      I wish I could use the second way effectively, but so far the best learning for me is having my own ass being kicked :)
    • ElSalvador1992
      ElSalvador1992
      Bronze
      Rush is a fantastic game if you dont have much time! :P i like Rush