This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH; Top Pair+Flush Draw, best bet line?

• Fubu27
      Fubu27
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $24.75
      BB:
      $15.62
      CO (Hero):
      $30.72
      BU:
      $67.70

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, K.
      Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.6) K, 8, 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.00, BB calls $2.00.

Turn: ($7.6) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $3.50, Hero raises to $26.97(All-In), BB calls $8.37(All-In).

River: ($46.44) 5 (2 players)

On the Flop I get a hand I know I have to go all-in with, the question is what is the better way of doing it. Villain donks the Flop and I think raising him would make it easier to put him all-in on a later street. He donks again on the Turn and I wonder if it would be better to call or raise. What I thought to take the later decision was that, that way, he wouldn't be able to fold on the River if a scare card like 4th came on the last street. Also, if he happened to have a better flush draw, well, I wouldn't want it to put it cheap for him.

The reason I thought about calling was that I didn't see any reason to protect at all, but ended up pushing because of the above thoughts.

But what are your opinions about the hand in general?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think I´d played the same way.
      Only reason why you should call turn is if you see him having better kx hand and hope he doesn´t shove river, but as strong hand as KJ I´d also put him all-in to protect against draws and get value from worse hands