This is a tricky one..

• RER4ISE
      RER4ISE
      Basic
      OK.. here`s the deal..
      What is really the difference between a donkbet and a bluff ?

I hold 9c9d preflop. its just me and big blind. i`m small. all fold, I raise according to the sss 0.40. (nl10) bb calls

flop is 3h,6h and 8h I raise 0.30 bb raise to 1.90 (he`s stack is 7.8)
      mine is now 1.05. i figure he`s trying to scare me off so i go all in)

he calls and river and turn dont help any so i win. he was holding q 9 os !
      and neither the q or the nine wasnt even close to a heart.

He yells DONK! I know he wanted me to think that he had the flush,that bet just didnt seem right,if he had such a great hand he would reraised preflop so i call him BLUFFER:) back..

So, who is playing bad poker here, and what is really the difference between a donkbet and a bluff..

RER4ISE
      "A great man once said, ALL INN !!! ;) get it ?"
  • 6 replies
    • RER4ISE
      RER4ISE
      Basic
      ANyone familiar with the sss, plz answer...
      due to the sss brm.. ex nl10 the sss says LEAVE the table when u have 2.50 dollars.. ok.. but in the early morning hours here in norway there is aproxx just 4 10 players table.. so i play 3 at the time.. play the sss ang all in with very strong hands and win 2.9 - 3.5 dollars. now.. when i leave the tables ( i try to do as the sss and the sheets says ) i cant sit down again unless i buy in with the same amount.. 20.bb = 2 dollars. I see the point with drawing ure winnings from the table and put it into ure bankroll, but if i have the diciplin to sit there and only play rellay strong hands ?

what should i do?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi RER4ISE,

I can't tell you whether your hand ws played crrect because I only play FL but I can answer your other questions.

1)

A donkbet is a bet into the guy who had the initiative on the previous round. If for example BU raises preflop and you call on the BB and then you bet the flop right away then your action is called donkbet.

A bluff has nothing to do with a donkbet but a donkbet can be a bluff of course just as every oher bet can be a bluff.

Btw I think you played the 99 hand correctly. I couldn't fold them either.

2)

The SSS doesn't work with biger stacks and it doesn't work if you play the better hands only because you lose to much money to the blinds which you have to pay every round.
      The only alternative would be to play additional hands on a smaller limit or you concentrate yourself more on the few table you play. The more you think about your hands and the more you watch your opponents play the more you gain by every hand you play.
    • RER4ISE
      RER4ISE
      Basic
      TNx.. this is good information..
      Maybe u know this to : How do i copy paste sample hands and put it on the forum ? do i just copy the from the chat window or what ?do i need any software ? f.ex texas grabber ?
      and, BU what does that mean. i know its something to do with position..

RER4ISE
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi RER4ISE,

To be able to post your hands on our forum, you need a handconverter program. Unfortunately our Texas Grab'em only works with PartyPoker.

You can find handconverters for other platforms here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/Hand-Converter_00994

Best regards,
      -thunderbird56-
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      BU is the Button. The person who acts last on all postflop streets.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      BU is the Button. The person who acts last on all postflop streets.

Here the strategy article about it:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/225/2/#h1_2