A warm-up period?

• Raykoid666
      Raykoid666
      Bronze
      Well hello all,

I have a small question and I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I don't know if it's the time of day, or if it's the fact that I need to warm up, but everyday when I start playing I start out with huge losses, and then after a while I start winning a lot and either end up around break-even, with a small profit or with a small loss.

I can't help then but think every day to myself: "If I wouldn't make such huge losses everytime when I start out playing, I would make a much bigger profit"

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of "running bad" everytime they start playing?

I mean seriously, my graphs are looking like sinusoid curves going up and down and up and down every day for really more than half my bankroll.

If anyone else is experiencing this, how do you fix it, is there anything I should do to help myself get warmed up everyday or something?

Also:

I don't seem to find myself playing particularly bad when I'm losing it's more like... Other people get more lucky and I can't hit anything, I'll lose with almost every single good hand I have (It's my showdown losses that are huge, when I'm sure I have it but then my opponent rivered trips or backdoor flush, runner runner straight, you know hands they should actually have folded right from the start)

thanks for any advice!
  • 5 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Raykoid666

I mean seriously, my graphs are looking like sinusoid curves going up and down and up and down every day for really more than half my bankroll.

BRM? :f_mad:
    • Raykoid666
      Raykoid666
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy

Oh believe me I do follow my BRM

it's just that I lose almost every single +ev situation i could be in

At the end of the day it's usually made up for though but yeah...

EDIT: might i add i play at the lowest stake so i can't really move down :p
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy

Oh believe me I do follow my BRM

it's just that I lose almost every single +ev situation i could be in

At the end of the day it's usually made up for though but yeah...
      I apoligize :f_p:
      Some big swings during sesions than... :f_eek: Try posting hands in evaluation forums, to se if you really played them +EV...Other than that I got nothing...maybe someone more experienced will give better advice. ;)

GL at tables
    • ScroogeMcMuck
      ScroogeMcMuck
      Bronze
      Sounds to me like ur playing deep stacks n loading up more than you can afford, or else you have no decided / or sticking to your stop loss limit. ie
      the amount you lose before you decide to leave for the day.

Since you are up/down for half your roll, that says to me ur staying
      way too long, and rebuyig too many times. For me, if I lose 2 stacks,
      then I'm done for the day, I'll get it back tomorrow. Continueing to play
      when you are losing is a seriously bad leak. So; decide on a stop loss limit
      or play at my tables. lol.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ScroogeMcMuck
      Sounds to me like ur playing deep stacks n loading up more than you can afford, or else you have no decided / or sticking to your stop loss limit. ie
      the amount you lose before you decide to leave for the day.

Since you are up/down for half your roll, that says to me ur staying
      way too long, and rebuyig too many times. For me, if I lose 2 stacks,
      then I'm done for the day, I'll get it back tomorrow. Continueing to play
      when you are losing is a seriously bad leak. So; decide on a stop loss limit
      or play at my tables. lol.
      I don't think continuing playing when you're losing is a leak at all, if he's simply getting it in good and losing then he should continue as long as he can play his A-game, and the results will come. A stop-loss limit is useful if you tilt, but if you're still playing well then there's not much point in stopping.

From what i've gathered, if OP starts off losing but ends the session breakeven if he had set a stop loss limit he'd be broke by now.

To answer the original question, make sure you actually are playing your A-game at the start of the session, it could be that you haven't got any reads on the players at your table, and you aren't familiar with the table dynamics. This will skew your hand range that you put on an opponent. My advice? Don't get into marginal situations until you've got some decent reads on the opponents.

GL :)