CO ($10)
      BTN ($3.99)

Dealt to Hero 4:club: 4:spade:

UTG raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.85) J:club: Q:spade: Q:club:

Hero bets $0.50, UTG raises to $1.10, Hero folds

UTG wins $1.76

18/15/3.6 cbet 50, WTSD 18, 326 hands

I don't want give up on this board so easily, but don't know which line would be better. Maybe checkraise - it would look stronger. His cbet is not high, but probably he would cbet on this board often against me.
  • 4 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      if you have 88+ i call, but 44 sucks just fold
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Depends what kind of opponent is he, by that I mean does he raise often CBets? Then we could consider Check/Raising but as played I'd rather also Bet/Fold without any good reason to continue.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      He raises cbets 20% of the time. But here we are not cbetting. I think we should look at raise donkbet and fold to donk bet stats. His fold to donkbet is 50 (6 times), and raise donkbet is 33 (6 times).

And should I really play 88+ there preflop as TobyCS says?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      He raises cbets 20% of the time. But here we are not cbetting. I think we should look at raise donkbet and fold to donk bet stats. His fold to donkbet is 50 (6 times), and raise donkbet is 33 (6 times).

And should I really play 88+ there preflop as TobyCS says?
      The point of checking for the info of raise cbets is much easier than donk-bet raise and etc, often times people have the raise cbet stat more often. But yes, as you mentioned it should be better to check the donk stats rather than CBet raise stat. Overall, I usually can base on the raise cbet stat too since for example it's high as yours say then he will usually also play the same way donk raises, they are somehow connected if you get my point.

But against that kind of opponent I don't really like to donk, Check/Raising against them is much stronger move, which represents a stronger hand than with just CBetting which they could easily raise it up and make us fold even sometimes the best hand.

About the 88+, as I said I wouldn't even be CBetting them, since we will face often a raise and definitely you could consider to continue. Since such opponents more often are pretty easy to overplay, for example lets say we CBet there and he makes such a min-raise and we Call. We can easily reevaluate further streets, lets say the turn comes 6 and he Checks behind (which for him shows a lot of weakness) and then river comes lets say 2, we can easily fire a bet into him and often times he will even fold here, and such a line I even sometimes take as a bluff (Check/Call flop & Check turn and if Checked behind & I bet myself the turn if the board is good for it). But such kinda moves are more read dependable and not really recommend against unknown.