This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh 88

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.83)
      BB ($3.41)
      UTG ($10.36)
      CO ($4.74)
      Hero ($22.75)

CO posts $0.10

Dealt to Hero 8:club: 8:diamond:

fold, CO checks, Hero raises to $0.50, SB raises to $1.70, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.60) 9:heart: 4:spade: J:spade:

SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

TURN ($7.60) 9:heart: 4:spade: J:spade: J:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($7.60) 9:heart: 4:spade: J:spade: J:diamond: 5:diamond:

20/15/3.5 3bet 10.8, cbet 74, WTSD 33

Preflop I call his 3bet because I saw him doing 3bet/fold two times, so his 3bet range is not very strong, also I have position and can hit a set.

Now on flop he makes a continuation bet, and I call to reevaluete the turn, because he might be missed this flop.

Turn looks good and he slows down, bigger chance that my hand is good.

River - card would be good but his bet sucks. I think I am beat more often, he is not doing such big bluffs, so had to fold. If there was like 1/3-1/2 then could call.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: That's the problem that even if we hit our set we wont get paid of since his hand is very weak. Also his WTS is kinda high, I think I'd rather prefer to fold my 88s here, unless we have some better reads, a lot of flops would be just ugly for us, any kind of overcard ones and etc. Also floating and betting would cost a lot for us postflop, that's the bad thing and he doesn't seem to be like the guy who is giving up postflop easily.

As played
      Postflop: Can't see the river bet but but I guess you play should be doable. I like the Check behind on turn, since we have now showdown value, also it would cost us a lot to try to take the pot down.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Can't see the river bet but but I guess you play should be doable.

Oh, when deleting results, deleted the actions on river also :)

He bets something like 7$ on the river and I call, but my call is bad there :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Can't see the river bet but but I guess you play should be doable.

Oh, when deleting results, deleted the actions on river also :)

He bets something like 7$ on the river and I call, but my call is bad there :)
      Yep, I'd rather not Call there. Way too risky to find out either he is bluffing or not, and also we don't have any good reads or stats to proof such a Call to make profitable.