[NL2-NL10] NL2 TT on BU

• acceleration123
      Villain is tight - he chooses strong starting hands.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, T.
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.08, CO folds, Hero calls $0.08, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.19) T, 7, Q (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.14, Hero raises to $0.30, MP3 calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.79) 2 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP3 raises to $3.23, Hero calls $1.35.

River: ($5.77) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.77.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a flush, queen high(J J).
      Hero shows three of a kind, tens(T T).

MP3 wins with a flush, queen high(J J).

PREFLOP - I considered folding here, since I knew the raisor was tight, thats why I didn´t 3bet him, in fact I was decided to give up the hand if not hitting set.

FLOP - when I think it back, I should definitely bet raise more - let say 3 - 3,5* his bet since there is a draw on the board. Right ??

TURN - I really don´t know what to do here. He checked - I decided to bet. Should I have gone all- in ? or bet pot ? Or check behind. What ??

He raised me all-in, I called because the pot size - I was comitted.
  • 1 reply
    • Duudalinja

If villain is tight and opens tight calling TT for set value is totally fine, but if he widens up closer to button and folds to 3bets OOP and cbets on flop, we can 3bet him and take it down preflop or postflop with cbet. But as I said, your plan with calling was totally fine and we shouldn't fold here.

True, you should raise it more. I'd raise more on flop, at least 0.50$ because board is so drawy.

As played turn is close, he can still have worse hands and even draws, so betting makes sense, but I can't say I feel too comfortable when he shoves, because tight guys usually doesn't shove in with air, but we almost have odds here and he may still have some misplayed AA/KK or something like that, so calling seems fine.

If we'd made it more on flop, calling turn would be a lot easier overall.

Good luck!