$2.79
      BU:
      $2.32
      SB:
      $1.73
      BB:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9, 9.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.12, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.39) A, 2, 5 (3 players)
      MP1 bets $0.38, Hero calls $0.38, CO calls $0.38.

Turn: ($1.53) T (3 players)
      MP1 raises to $1.50(All-In), Hero calls $1.50, CO folds.

River: ($4.53) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.53.
      Results follow:

MP1 shows high card ace(K Q).
      Hero shows a flush, ace high(9 9).

Hero wins with a flush, ace high(9 9).

FLOP - it seems to me, like he is trying to protect Ace, that could be the reason why he is betting pot on wet board against two players - I doubt if my call here was OK.

TURN - the situation repeats. But the pot is now quite high, I just called it.

When I saw total air I was really surprised.
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

We don't have any information about the opponent really, but he has full stack, he made it 6xBB from MP1, so I'd say he has something really worth raising, so calling preflop seems fine to me just because his range should be strong so he should pay us off with set and someone could still call along from later positions.

But I'd fold on flop. We played that hand for set value and that flop can hit pretty solid and he may easily have better redraw, so we can't count on that. Almost pot cbet should be enough to fold.

As played with calling flopturn is a fold for sure. He has exactly pot bet left and I think he almost never shows worse hands here if he decides to shove it in. He could spazz with KhX/QhX hand, but I wouldn't really count on that.

You said good line:
      When I saw total air I was really surprised.

That's why I mentioned your quote - you was surprised he showed worse hand just because you don't expect him to have worse hand here, so why call? :)

Good luck!
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      thank you, you are right, next time, I will be more carefull when playing my draw :)