MP2 (Hero):
      $4.79
      MP3:
      $2.46
      CO:
      $3.16

UTG2: 46/25/1/41 [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD]

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A.
      UTG2 raises to $0.15, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 5 folds, UTG2 calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.07) 4, 5, J (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.65, UTG2 calls $0.65.

Turn: ($2.37) 9 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.37) 8 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $1.20, UTG2 raises to $1.97, Hero calls $0.77.

Final Pot: $6.31.

Results follow:

Hero shows high card ace(Qh Ac).
      UTG2 shows a pair of nines(9h Ts).

UTG2 wins with a pair of nines(9h Ts).

Was it a mistake to bet the river? What could he have checked every street with? And can we call river based purely on pot odds (7:1) against busted flush draw?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jdnismo,

Add to full stack.

Preflop: Since UTG raise is often times pretty strong and I am not planning to go broke, then I'd even consider just folding the hand here, unless I have a good reason to continue. :)

As played
      Postflop: Doesn't make sense to Bet the river anyways, he will fold worse and also those hands we will win most likely with just Checking. And he will either shove or Call with better hands.

Best regards.
    • jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      Yeah, the river bet didn't make sense :L my mind is tired after a long session :D

About the preflop, the fish's PFR is 25 over 110 hands, and since he's a fish, can't we assume that he has no positional awareness preflop, so he doesn't adjust his range accordingly? We're ahead of his range so that's why I 3bet for value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by jdnismo
      Yeah, the river bet didn't make sense :L my mind is tired after a long session :D

About the preflop, the fish's PFR is 25 over 110 hands, and since he's a fish, can't we assume that he has no positional awareness preflop, so he doesn't adjust his range accordingly? We're ahead of his range so that's why I 3bet for value.
      Yeah, of course it's reasonable to 3bet there if you have so many hands, just thought you had something like 20 or so and picked the line more likely against unknown. But the problem also is that if you plan to 3bet there then you have to consider also going broke against his stack. :)