Hey, hey, Im a new one. Little quest.

• koffen18
      koffen18
      Bronze
      Hello. I just got my long waited $50. I have played before, like a year ago... just bankrypty and then i quited. Today i strated playing again, prepared strongly, i mean reading and rereading articles. Today i just losed 7$ and then hitted 2 sets a row and earned 7$, pure luck! And now i think of my game, i am playing SHC and i lose with strong hands like AQ, AK, KQ etc, with several opponents lose often, with 1-3 opponents maybe win maybe lose. What are you guys think of it? is there a point to limp in with ex. AQo (LP) with 4 limpers and a raise by early player? I think early player is holding a AK or even better, and others are playing for connectedness and suitness... Even if i hit a queen or Ace, i got a bad feeling that i lose, and with so many players it will be expensiv.

ok, actually i got many many questions but i dont remember them all...
      playing on Mansion.15-30 10players FL.

English is not my mother language...
  • 6 replies
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Myself and many other poker players out there know how it can seem strong hands like AQo get beaten by trash hands like 97o etc.

Trust in the SHC and follow it in every situation, if it says call with AQo after a raise and limpers then call, if it says raise then raise.

Feel free to ask any more questions :)
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      Myself and many other poker players out there know how it can seem strong hands like AQo get beaten by trash hands like 97o etc.

Trust in the SHC and follow it in every situation, if it says call with AQo after a raise and limpers then call, if it says raise then raise.

Feel free to ask any more questions :)
      I totaly agree
    • koffen18
      koffen18
      Bronze
      ok. i got 1 preflop question too: ex. im in a ATo middle pos. and raise, then late position player re-raise me, what im going to do now? Fold? or think that his agressive or tight and make then decision?

next i want to ask that is there a formula to calculate the pot odds. I want to make a table 0.15-0.30$table and stick it next to my computer, then i got read only outs and then simply watch the table.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      If you look at the bottom of the starting hands chart it says "if there is 1 raise behind you, you call".

Therefore any time you raise/call and someone raises only ONCE after you, you call that raise no matter what you have.

For your future information if there are 2 reraises after you you need at least "Strong hands" to call (99/TT/JJ/AQo/AQs)

The chart covers raises in front of you in the different rows etc. but if there are 2 reraises BEFORE it's your turn you need "Very Strong hands" to stay in (and reraise urself) (AA/KK/QQ/AKo/AKs).

edit: For your second question there is a bronze strategy article called "odds and outs" which tells u exactly how to calculate odds and outs etc.

I STRONGLY recommend you read this as it's the basis of all your poker decision making.
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      Originally posted by koffen18
      Hello. I just got my long waited $50. I have played before, like a year ago... just bankrypty and then i quited. Today i strated playing again, prepared strongly, i mean reading and rereading articles. Today i just losed 7$ and then hitted 2 sets a row and earned 7$, pure luck! And now i think of my game, i am playing SHC and i lose with strong hands like AQ, AK, KQ etc, with several opponents lose often, with 1-3 opponents maybe win maybe lose. What are you guys think of it? is there a point to limp in with ex. AQo (LP) with 4 limpers and a raise by early player? I think early player is holding a AK or even better, and others are playing for connectedness and suitness... Even if i hit a queen or Ace, i got a bad feeling that i lose, and with so many players it will be expensiv.

ok, actually i got many many questions but i dont remember them all...
      playing on Mansion.15-30 10players FL.

English is not my mother language...
      I have a story like yours, played about a year ago and lost some money online. I also felt the same as u about the hands at first. I trusted in the chart and so far i'm up. The main thing I found with the SSS, is there is a lot of waiting. I played for 2 hours and i'm up $2(I only played 1-2 tables, and i had some really bad beats at the start.), I saw some1 play just as long and get $3. If you go to the video section there is videos of the pros playing the SSS. It cleared up any doubts I had. I recommend watching them.
    • sasamsa
      sasamsa
      Bronze
      I am also new.. I started playing 10 days ago.. Im on $70 now..
      Had a big downswing today.. Lost about $7.. I couldn't win anything...
      From my statistics im actually loosing with aces..I hate when I get those cards cause set is hard to get and crap hands beat me everytime..

My opponents getting lucky on river against me all the time..

Then I got AKs and flop was A K 7 , and I thought that finally I will win something but no.. my opponent had 77..
      Poker can be very frustrating sometimes..