SH - Variance.

• jandsonpower
      jandsonpower
      Silver
      Hello friends I am of the Portuguese community.

BSS SH game a little over 8 months, I know that is a variant very difficult to master but very profitable, but the variance is cruel. I would like to hear from members who play this kind which were major swings that have already taken. In the last 10 days was completely destroyed by the variance. Many question if I've studied so on. But I'm sure all bugs comment, but my mistakes are not to leave me 24Bi down in a month that was occurring all so well. Seeking input and reports from those who have gone through what I'm going through.

Pardon my English.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This Month

• 5 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Yeah it can get pretty brutal. It happened to me last December where i lost 36 stacks in 15k hands. I know how brutal it can get where you feel kinda sick floping a set or a flush and get raised and then your like not this again and get the money in to see the nuts for 10th time in a row :)

You really can't do much but keep playing your A game and keep tilting to the minimum. Also you should always be doing a session review, especially after a losing session. You can really do a lot by using holdem manager to find leaks in your game. Try using filters to see in which spots your losing the most money. Only then you will see how much of it was variance and how much was actual bad play. After i did it after my downswing i figured i could lose only like 25 stacks instead of 36 which was around 30% of my loses. After you lose like 10 stacks or more you definitely don't play your A game anymore. Anyway here's my sexy graph to make you feel better :)

• NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Just keep on trucking! 8-)
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      I've been through that, almost busted my bankroll, had to go to NL10 from NL50.
      Then upswing party happened and hey NL100 here I am.
    • jandsonpower
      jandsonpower
      Silver
      Hello all, really is very disappointing, I'm very nit with my bank roll, that's what makes me even with a level head, I see that happening with you and believe my psychological improved a little, I went to do a session too bad I lost a set in early for a flush, then a hand of 3-bet pot lost pair of pair of Q to T. I managed to get break even, it is important not to lose heart and play the game, one day the money comes right to the side.

Hugs,
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Sick graphs. I recently had a 30 BI run and was able to move up to NL30, now I'm down 18 BI in just two days. Every time they make it on the river or a 50/35 Maniac flips over AA when I call his preflop shove with JJ I feel like I want to throw up.

The worst part is that I can't tell for sure, how much of it is caused by variance and how much comes from bad play / tilt.