[NL2-NL10] should i have 3-bbet and 5bet shove?

• cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $10.38
      MP3:
      $3.40
      CO:
      $11.16
      BU:
      $4.00
      SB:
      $6.00
      BB (Hero):
      $12.77
      UTG1:
      $7.63
      UTG2:
      $12.23
      MP1:
      $16.35

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, T.
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, SB raises to $2.75, Hero raises to $12.87, SB calls $3.30.

Flop: ($18.77) J, 6, 5 (2 players)

Turn: ($18.77) 4 (2 players)

River: ($18.77) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $18.77.

sb is 600 hands 13/13 with 75% steal on SB, 100% fold to resteal(11 hands)
  • 4 replies
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      He has such high fold to resteal, so when he 4bets he probably has then nuts and you should fold.

But probably better would be just call his steal IP.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cutegoldfish,

When such opponents 4bet, they often tend to have a good hand and not just a bluff, therefore I don't really like the 3bet that much, of course it's doable but I see that by just Calling we still get a lot of value from him, at least a CBet when we do hit the Ace, maybe even 2nd barrel or a Call afterwards.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello cutegoldfish,

When such opponents 4bet, they often tend to have a good hand and not just a bluff, therefore I don't really like the 3bet that much, of course it's doable but I see that by just Calling we still get a lot of value from him, at least a CBet when we do hit the Ace, maybe even 2nd barrel or a Call afterwards.

Best regards.
      But to make those calls profitable, do we need to raise his cbets on dry boards, or float drawy boards? I have a hard time in these situations because often he'll just take the pot down with cbet...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello cutegoldfish,

Best regards.
      But to make those calls profitable, do we need to raise his cbets on dry boards, or float drawy boards? I have a hard time in these situations because often he'll just take the pot down with cbet...
      Yeah, I remember myself the time when I couldn't get the point when to raise or when not to raise. It will come with time and the most important thing is to post hands and ask questions and it will come and you will start to understand. Just for few example I'd say that very drawy board ain't that often so good raising boards otherwise boards like T62 or whatever are good for raises but not always a must, a lot depends on the opponent.