[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh Kk

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Gold
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($201.62)
      BB ($127.74)
      Hero (UTG) ($110.29)
      MP ($84.42)
      CO ($77.10)
      Button ($154.64)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, K
      Hero bets $2, 3 folds, SB calls $1.75, BB raises $4.50, Hero raises $10, 1 fold, BB calls $7

Flop: ($26) J, J, 10 (2 players)
      BB bets $26, Hero calls $26

Turn: ($78) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($78) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $89.24, Hero folds

Total pot: $78

Hi. Opponent is a maniac. Don't have many hands about him but he 3bets a lot and plays aggressively. So I did not 4bet very big because I still want to keep him in hand but how to extract max value? I thought the best is to keep being passive but it did not work out... Thanks for your help:)
  • 6 replies
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      First u want to make big 4b cause u have good hand and u want to make pot as big as possible pre-flop. But otherwise looks like ok to play this way without special reads. U most likely had reads what his potsize bets meant. It can help a lot.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I believe you should 4bet bigger preflop. If he is a maniac, chances are, you are never/rarely 4-bet bluffing vs him. When you value raise you ideally want to get as much money as you can when you are ahead and these type of players will most likely continue preflop for a bigger raise as well.

There might be an error in the way the hand was converted and I see a different 4-bet size but if you take a look the player makes it $4.50, you make it $10 and he calls $7. The math doesn't add up (also flop size is $26).

You said you don't have many hands but you know he 3-bets a lot. Did you see any showdowns by any chance?

I personally feel you need to fold the river as played.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Gold
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      I believe you should 4bet bigger preflop. If he is a maniac, chances are, you are never/rarely 4-bet bluffing vs him. When you value raise you ideally want to get as much money as you can when you are ahead and these type of players will most likely continue preflop for a bigger raise as well.

There might be an error in the way the hand was converted and I see a different 4-bet size but if you take a look the player makes it $4.50, you make it $10 and he calls $7. The math doesn't add up (also flop size is $26).

You said you don't have many hands but you know he 3-bets a lot. Did you see any showdowns by any chance?

I personally feel you need to fold the river as played.
      Yes, you are right, actually he 3bet to 5 and I 4bet to 12 sorry didn't notice that before:(
      I have seen him check/calling him his weaker hands ant potting stronger hands but as I wrote I have not played many hands at the same table...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d even make it 15$ pf, since I think he would basically call any 4-bet that I´d make.
      Depends what hands he is 3-betting, but you should be ahead on the flop a lot of times. I would likely min-raise to induce shove from worse hands and then call shove
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Gold
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I´d even make it 15$ pf, since I think he would basically call any 4-bet that I´d make.
      Depends what hands he is 3-betting, but you should be ahead on the flop a lot of times. I would likely min-raise to induce shove from worse hands and then call shove
      If you min-raise and he calls, shoves this turn it is probably a call? You have like 50 behind so have insane pot odds and he still could be bluffing? Is it a reason to call?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gonepoker
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      If you min-raise and he calls, shoves this turn it is probably a call? You have like 50 behind so have insane pot odds and he still could be bluffing? Is it a reason to call?
      yeah, likely I´d have to call since I also have gutshot straightdraw+2 outs for boat and consider he can easily shove there 89, Q9, Tx