This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh Aa Utg

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Platinum
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Prima
      SB ($50.25)
      BB ($23.15)
      Hero ($50)
      UTG+1 ($52.83)
      CO ($119)
      BTN ($74.08)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $2, UTG+1 calls $2, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.75) 8:spade: T:spade: 9:club:

Hero bets $3.40, UTG+1 raises to $6.80, Hero calls $3.40

TURN ($18.35) 8:spade: T:spade: 9:club: 7:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

RIVER ($18.35) 8:spade: T:spade: 9:club: 7:heart: Q:heart:

Hero bets $6, UTG+1 calls $6

Hero shows A:spade: A:diamond:
      (Pre 80%, Flop 64.4%, Turn 75.0%)

UTG+1 shows Q:club: T:club:
      (Pre 20%, Flop 35.6%, Turn 25.0%)

UTG+1 wins $28.84

Hi. Villain is unknown. I called flop to reevaluate at turn. I was ready to fold turn but since he checked turn too I thought I could make a thin value bet against his weak one pair hands. Or better to try bluffcatch for a busted spade draw? Thanks:)
  • 4 replies
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      If u are going to call the flop and fold to turn bet, then i like to just fold on the flop. But as played, u should bet bigger on the river if u even bet. Bet big and he could fold some two pair hands.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Platinum
      Originally posted by kevvu
      Hey,
      If u are going to call the flop and fold to turn bet, then i like to just fold on the flop. But as played, u should bet bigger on the river if u even bet. Bet big and he could fold some two pair hands.
      Thank you for your help, kevvu. How much you suggest to bet on river? Like 10 or more?
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Overbet or around pot size should do the trick. He never ever has a straight when he checks turn IP. So we want him to fold most likely better hand than ours.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      He is not folding there two pair hands, so I don´t really like betting big on the river. I think small blocking bet is fine, he may sometimes call with worse one pair hands and fold his draws.
      b/c flop with aces is fine. If board was a little dryer then you can also bet/3-bet since if he is min-raising with top pair hands he would also call 3-bet and you can play for stacks expecting to be ahead very often